Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Christmas Season is Here!


...and just like that Christmas has come to town...in our house anyway. Eric was away on a hunting trip all weekend and I told him to have fun but that I better have a Christmas tree to decorate while he was away. He obliged and I'm ashamed to say it took me nearly all weekend to get it decorated. I started stringing lights Friday night only to realize I was two strands short so I did what any normal person would do, threw on some shoes and went to Walmart at 9pm. Unfortunately for me, the Walmart close to where we live was out of clear lights. The manager said they might get some by the end of the weekend so I figured I'd check back.  I ended up getting busy with other things and didn't make it back to Walmart until Sunday afternoon and they STILL didn't have lights. Grrr... However, thanks to divine intervention I happened to wander over to customer service to return some stuff I'd been meaning to return for several weeks, and wouldn't you know it the woman in front of me was returning 3 boxes of CLEAR lights! It took every ounce of adultness in me not to jump up and down and interrupt the clerk as she was helping the woman. As soon as I got up to the register I asked if I could buy the lights that had just been returned and did a little happy dance (inside of course) when she said I could.  It saved me at least and hour of driving round trip to the next nearest Walmart and back, a trip I had been dreading but had accepted that if I was going to get the house decorated this weekend I would have to take.
The holy grail lights I was able to snag! Could someone please explain to me how Walmart can run out of clear lights on December 4? It seems a little early to be running out of lights to me!

Once I had the lights in hand, decorating was a breeze and ended up with the most gorgeous Christmas tree! If I do say so myself.  

Of course I also made the pups put on their Christmas attire for their annual photo. They were thrilled....as usual. 

Aside from decorating, I had a fairly productive weekend that included finishing some crafts for a craft bazaar my P.E.O. group is putting on this weekend and our town's annual Christmas parade!  Our dance studio marches in every year, and this year was no different.  I know I'm a bit biased, but I think we were the cutest little dancing snowmen in the entire parade! It was a blast and I was beat when we finished. Let's just say I spent a good portion of Saturday afternoon on the couch vegging while going through the Christmas movies I have saved on the DVR.

The Christmasing didn't stop there because Monday was my office's Tacky Christmas Open House.  Our 1st place winning decorations deserve a post of their own, but let's just say that it involved lots and lots of wrapped "presents," Christmas Cat "wallpaper," and giant Christmas "lights," and it was fantastic!

No comments: