Friday, July 8, 2011

Couponing 7/5

I am proud to say I took another hiatus from going to the grocery store last week since we were headed out of town last weekend.  However, it left me with no choice but to pick up several items on my way home from work on Tuesday. I had to stop at both grocery store (Publix and Winn-Dixie) but I managed to spend under $33 for everything. Here is the evidence:


As you can see, at Publix I spent $22.77 and saved $40.57 for a total savings of 64%!  Not too shabby for a restocking the fridge!

I did not get a picture of the Winn -Dixie receipt, but I spent $9.78 and saved $12.29 for a total savings of 56%.  My Winn Dixie haul consisted of only 2 products:

2 bags Dole Lettuce for $.40 ea = $.80
          (I was planning on using a $.75 off 1 for each bag, but when I got to the store they had $1.25 of 1 coupons on the display! I obviously used those instead)
2- 12oz bags Community Coffee $3.50 ea = $7.00

I have noticed before that sales do not always ring up correctly at my local Winn-Dixie and Tuesday was no different.  After they scanned my rewards card the coffee was still ringing up $6.50 ea instead of the $4.50 ea sale price.  I noticed that there was no sign on the coffee when I picked it up so I double checked an ad in the store, so showed the ad to the cashier and he made the correction.  I have learned my lesson when it comes to overlooking prices =)

At Publix I had a pretty decent haul that was topped off with another $5 off a $20 purchase from Earthfare that I got this week in my inbox.  Here is what I got:

milk = $3.99 <---no joke!  I think buying our own dairy cow would be cheaper
2 Macaroni Grill Freezer meals for $2.75 ea = $5.50
2 Wanchai Ferry Freezer meals for $2.75 ea = $5.50
2 Oscar Meyer Cracker Combos (grown-up lunchables) for $.50 ea = $1
4 cans Bushes Baked Beans for $1.15 ea = $4.58
3 cans Publix tomato sauce for $.33 ea = $1
fresh mushrooms = $1.50
vidalia onions = $1.08
2 bottles of French's Mustard for $.50 ea = $1

I will take a 61% savings for the week anytime!

No comments: