Gaaah! It's getting closer! Less than 2 weeks until we have been married for one year! We are headed for a little R & R for the rest of this week and may or may not have Internet access, so I decided to go ahead and get this week's Wedding ABC's up! Hers are letters P-T.
Photography
We used David Wiseman Photography and DJ. He pulled doubled duty as our photographer and DJ. How did that work??? At the ceremony he was our photographer, but when we got to the reception he became our DJ. But the pictures did not end there. He brought another photographer with him to the reception to take pictures and he had his camera with him from his DJ booth, so we so we actually ended up with 2 photographers at the reception. I found him at a Bridal Show in Montgomery and he was running a special that gave me an unlimited amount of time with him the day of the wedding and a cd with the copyrights to all of my pictures. I was super excited! That is EXACTLY what I was looking for. Since I am very much a DIY girl, I loved being able to do what I wanted with the pictures. He gave me a cd with nearly 1,000 edited images.
For our engagement pictures, I had my FSIL take some pictures of Eric and I on the beach while we were there over New Years.
I was not planning on doing a bridal session, but my college roommate’s sister who was just getting into photography offered to do a session for me so I jumped at the chance. She did an amazing job! Here is a link to her facebook page.
Question Popping
Eric popped the question on November 27, 2009, while we were at my grandparents’ house with my entire family for Thanksgiving. Eric proposed to me after dinner one night with my whole family there. It was absolutely wonderful!
Reception
We had our reception at the RSA Activity Center in downtown Montgomery. It was great because it was right in the middle of downtown so people who wanted to go out afterward were literally blocks from all of the nightlife. I work right across the street from the Activity Center so that made planning very easy. One of the things we liked the most about the Activity Center was that it is a huge open room, so it was easy for guests to move around and plenty of places to mingle.
Shoes
Ah the wedding shoes. I know that this probably should have been a big deal for me, but it wasn’t. I am 5’10” and Eric is 6’2” which is a pretty good difference until I throw on a pair of heels. I have always had a complex about looking as tall as (or taller in heels) than Eric, and I did not want to take the chance of looking taller than him in any pictures so I was going to opt for the ballet slippers and change into flip flops. That is until I was looking at random wedding pictures on facebook one day and saw a girl who had on a pair of white bejeweled thong sandals that had a back on them. Brilliant! Slippers would be too hot in Alabama in July anyway. I found a great pair at Dillard’s and they were prefect!Tuxes
We opted for Men’s Warehouse simply for the convenience. I did let Eric select the style and colors (as long as he stuck with the cornflower blue and yellow color scheme).
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Michelle-Hughes-Photography/199084670106174?sk=wall













No comments:
Post a Comment