Thursday, July 14, 2011

Wedding ABC's Part 3 of 5

This the latest installment of my Wedding ABC's.  This week's post includes letters K-O.  In case you missed my posts from the 2 previous week here are links to Letters A-E and Letters F-J.


Keepsakes
I decided I wanted to DIY our wedding favors.  One of our favors was a crossword puzzle that I created that had clues about Eric and I.  The other were Hershey Kisses that we put yellow and blue stickers that had either our names, our wedding date or a C on them.  For the guest book we had a frame for guests to sign that I put a picture of us in. 
Crossword


Kisses


Our signed frame (laying on the beautiful quilt that my aunt made us as a wedding gift)



Ladies Night
My bachelorette party was fun and completely laid back night out in the Gump—Just my style!



Music
For our first dance we had one of Eric’s college teammates play the guitar and sing “When you Say Nothing at All” by Allison Krauss.  It was perfect.



We had an awesome DJ, who coincidentally was also our photographer. We used David Wiseman Photography and DJ.  He gave us a great deal to do both! I don’t think we really sat down.  I learned at our wedding that my family LOVES to dance.  Some of the highlights:  I danced with my grandma to Lady Gaga, my dad did the robot, and my grandpa got on the dance floor and started waving his cane in the air.  It was priceless!








Next Day
I think one of the best decisions we made was not leaving for our Honeymoon until Monday morning.  This gave us an opportunity to go by the hotel to say good-bye to our out-of-town guests (my entire family who came from all over the country).  We were also able to take care of our dogs and pack without the stress of the wedding on our shoulders.

What he did while I packed.

Old, New, Borrowed, Blue
My jewelry was old, my dress and veil and shoes were new, I had a six-pence that my mom let me borrow that one of her friends gave to her when she got married, and my garter was blue. 

No comments: