In addition to all of the weddings we have gone to lately, I have been to several baby showers in the past few months. Baby cards are always fun to make, plus the color schemes are pretty cut and dry which makes the picking out the card color scheme pretty easy.
A few months ago, Mom gave me a Sizzix folder to use with my Cuttlebug that gives paper a quilted look. She also taught me a technique to use with the quilted folder that involves punching out small squares or circles and placing them in patterns to enhance the quilted look. I have also really been into the technique of "flecking." It's where you brush the sides of the paper with a sponge that has been dabbed on a stamp pad. I like the antique look that it gives cards; I also like that it adds dimension to the cards so they do not look like pieces of paper cut out and stuck together.
Baby boy card
Inside reads:
A baby boy's a promise
Of happy things to come-
Building blocks, a rocking horse
A baseball glove, a drum.
There'll be lots of notice and action
You'll be brim-full of pride
A busy, loving, fun-filled home
With lots of joy inside.
Baby Girl card
Inside reads:
Little girls are precious gifts,
Wrapped in love serene.
Their dresses tied with sashes
And futures tied with dreams

No comments:
Post a Comment