It's here! It's here! I guess that week wasn't sooooo bad. I am so ready for our weekend festivities! It's going to be a busy one, but then again our weekends are ALWAYS busy ones and that's how we like it!
Here's just a few things we've got gone on right now:
#1
| That's a lot of beer. |
I counted up our beer bottle tops this past weekend and we already have 200! We had a bunch of help collecting them, so don't think we drank all of it....just most of it. =) I actually have started setting a mason jar out when we have people over and our friends are now accustomed to saving their tops and putting them in the jar when they're over. I am not sure how big I actually want the table yet, but I am estimating we have about 1/3 of the amount of tops we'll need. I guess we need to get to drinking! P.S. This is what we're in the process of making.
#2
![]() |
| via |
Today is the unofficial start to football season. This little town of ours is kicking of the season with our annual Tiger Night. It's a scrimmage game for all of the football teams in Tallassee that the public gets to attend.They're starting with the little kids and will finish off the evening with the varsity scrimmaging each other. It's a neat little fundraiser for the athletic club and a fun kick off of the season. You better believe I will have my happy butt in the stands cheering them on!
#3
![]() |
| via |
This next one is what I am going to call it the start of football season miracle. It's pretty common knowledge that Alabama is HOT in the summertime, August especially. It's not uncommon to have stretches of 100+ degree weather in mid-August, just as football season is starting. We've had warm weather lately, but luckily nothing too unbearable. Yesterday the weather changed. Like you could literally feel the change in the air. We had really nice cooler temperatures. Like walk-the-dogs-before-dusk-and-circle-the-neighborhood-more-than-once cool temps. It's like the weather said Oh football season is starting? Here, take some nice cool fall-like temps! It may be short-lived, but I will take as much of it that I can get! When I was walking the dogs last night all I could think was that I felt like I needed something pumpkin or spice flavored to eat. I guess that means I am really ready for fall!
#4
![]() |
| One of my BFFs and I...sophomore year I think. I can't wait to see her next weekend! |
The 10 Year High School Reunion countdown is down to it's final week and I am so excited about it! I have been anxious about going, but this week it changed to excitement and I am so ready for it now!
#5
![]() |
| via |
This fall is going to be a real season of change, and I am not just talking about the weather. There are lots of awesome new things coming our way soon, and I am hoping that I can keep up with everything! From home improvements, to my job, to my "other" jobs (basketball and dance) I am going to be pulled in lots of different directions. I am just hoping I can keep it all straight!
#6
![]() |
| via |
I was going to stop this list @ number 5 but then I remembered today is my 6 year work anniversary. On August 16, 2007 a 22 year old recent college grad started her first big girl job. Six years later I am still here and am getting ready to take on a completely new role in a new department and I am very excited about it!





No comments:
Post a Comment