Friday, August 30, 2013

Reunion Weekend Recap...just a few days late

I am well aware that it is Friday but I have been away, and I am finally back. Plus this past weekend was just way too good NOT to do a recap about it. 

After nearly 3,000 miles traveled over 5 days I am so glad to be back and so thankful for the upcoming 3 day weekend.  Where have I been? Let's start at the beginning.

Friday night was the THS football scrimmage. We got 4 minutes into the game and then the rains came. Well, a giant lightening storm. It really didn't end up raining very hard but they canceled the game anyway.  The good news is we were ahead 20-14. The bad news is the defense got to play just one play and the other team threw for a touchdown.  Not exactly how you want to start the season. Eric said it was first game jitters that would have worked themselves out as the game went on. At least our offense was on fire!
1. Coach Cagle doing his thing on the sideline.
2. Crazy storm clouds rolling in.
I can't say I was too disappointed the game was cancelled because it meant we got home at a decent hour because we were up and at 'em first thing Saturday morning so we could head to Memphis for my 10 year high school reunion......yeah I still can't believe I am old enough to have gone to it. We pulled into town around noon in time to have lunch with my parents. Dad and Eric golfed that afternoon while Mom and I went flower shopping. That night Eric and I headed downtown for the reunion. It was at a really neat reception hall right next to the river. It was great to see everyone, too. I know you see everyone everyday on Facebook, but for the people you really want to see it was nice to be able to! My BFF/neighbor/first friend in TN who lives in New York City was there. I haven't seen her since my wedding and I was so glad to get to hug her neck! She is a fancy fashion stylist in NYC and she's amazing! I have already decided I am going to visit her this spring. Mark my words....

1. Eric and I pre-reunion.
2. Amelia and I....BFFs forever =)
3. Old friends.
4. More friends. 
We had a decent turnout, maybe 50 or 60 out of 400+ alumni. From what I understand that it is a good turnout. It's crazy to see how everyone has changed, but still haven't changed that much.  The highlight of the night was our principal's special appearance. We had the most amazing principal who was ever a principal....ever. I went to a huge high school, around 2,000 students, and he knew every single student's name. Seriously. I have told Eric this before and he said yeah right, whatever, didn't believe me. That is until Mr. A was making rounds at the reunion and walked by me, turned around and called me out....first and last name. I know for a fact that I have not seen him since graduation day 10 years ago, and he STILL recognized me and knew my name. We chatted for a minute and after he walked away Eric looked at me and said, "You weren't kidding. He does know everyone!" Best principal ever!

We called it a night pretty early because we had to head back to Bama first thing Sunday morning. Eric had film for football and I had to unpack from Memphis and repacking for my next trip.....to HOLLYWOOD!

That's right, yours truly has been living it up in Tinseltown this week. And by living it up, I mean attending a conference for work at a hotel right off of Hollywood Boulevard...but that recap will have to wait for another day. 



Tonight THS kicks off their season against BTW and the boys are ready!  I am still debating whether or not to make the trek since I am feeling a little under the weather.  I'll have to see how today goes before I make a decision.

No comments: