Any who I got this recipe from Mom.....NOT Pinterest....amazing I know, but there ARE other recipe sources out there. She got the recipe from the Best of Cottey Cooking Cookbook which has tons of pinterst-worthy recipes in it. She told me she'd made them the week before and that they were delicious. I have never been head over heels for toffee, but decided I would give them a try. Let's just say you should ALWAYS listen to your mother because she DOES know what's best for you.
What you need:
1 stick of butter (softened)
1/2 cup shortening
3/4 cup + 1 Tbsp packed brown sugar
1/3 cup sugar
1 egg
2 tsp vanilla extract (I use Penzey's Double Strength Vanilla Extract and put the entire amount it. I HIGHLY recommend it. If you aren't cooking with their spices and other products you are missing out.)
2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups (8oz) chocolate English toffee pieces
How to make them:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.In a mixing bowl (KitchenAid Mixer), cream together butter, shortening, and sugars. Beat in egg and vanilla extract.
In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add dry mixture to creamed mixture on low speed until batter is smooth.
Stir in toffee pieces.
Portion dough into 1 1/2 inch balls and place on an ungreased baking sheet* 2 inches apart.
Bake for 6 minutes, rotate pan 180 degrees and bake for another 5 minutes. Take cookies out of oven and transfer them to wire racks after about 2 minutes (give cookies them time to set).
Store at room temperature in an airtight container. You might want to hide them from yourself or others so they don't disappear like ours did.
*I use an all-purpose 1.25" scoop that we use for hush puppies...you know the kind that has a little scraper that goes across the scoop when you squeeze the handle and I ONLY cook cookies on my Pampered Chef baking stone because you can't burn them on it. They are both pictured below. =)
These are good to have on hand when making any cookies........
![]() |
| scoop baking stone |
Enjoy!

No comments:
Post a Comment