Friday, July 18, 2014

High Five for Friday

...another one bites the dust...another week that is.  This one has flown by and I am so glad because we have some really fun things going on in the near future and I can't wait!! I'm going to wrap up this week with a High Five for Friday Highlight Reel since it's been a while since I've done that and a like lists.

1. I have become very fond of braiding my hair lately, mostly because it's gotten so long and it's a lot easier to braid when it's long.  But also it has now been almost a year and 2 months since I've had my hair cut so my ends are looking REALLY rough and a braid distracts me from said horrible split ends.
Plus I''m getting pretty good at it!

2.  I know that dogs are not the same as kids, but I really believe that they are getting us ready for it someday.  Case in point: Monday after work I decide to vacuum/mop the floors, so I picked up all of the dog toys in the house and put them in the basket we keep them in.  As soon as I got them cleaned up, Peanut decided he HAD to have a tennis ball...so he did, along with everything else in the basket that had to be moved in order for him to get to the ball.

Step 1: Pull the basket off the fireplace mantle.
Step 2: Pull everything that has not already fallen on the floor out of the basket so you can get to the ball.
Step 3: Take a nap on top of all of the toys. 

3.  We have a new pizza crust obsession, shocker, I know.  It's called Naan.  The best I can describe it is a thinner, bubblier version of a pita pocket, and it's delicious!  One of the grocery stores in our teeny tiny country town started carrying them about a month ago and I am pretty sure I am the only one who has been buying them [weekly], but we LOVE them!
Bonus: They're the perfect "personal pizza" size so I can eat the entire thing without feeling guilty =)

4.  I hate to admit it, but I've been slacking on my workouts the past couple of weeks.  I always have a hard time getting back on track after a vacation, but I tried this week.  Last night I decided to do a Deck of Cards workout.  You assign each suit an exercise and as you go through the deck you do the number of exercises that are on each card.
If you're curious, you end up doing 91 repetitions of each exercise. Plus I put the Joker's back in once so I ended up doing 4-60 second planks.

5.  We're finally getting to play our end of the year softball tournament tomorrow morning. We got a bye in the first round, so we don't have to play tonight, but we play bright and early Saturday morning. We've already decided that win or lose that we're having a team party afterward at the pool. However, Eric's decided to add a twist to our water-filled afternoon.  He and our neighbors have constructed a Slip N Slide in the side yard out of a tarp and pool cover weights.  It should be interesting [and absolutely hilarious].  They've been talking about doing this all summer "for the kids" but I am pretty sure they've just wanted to make one for themselves.
Dear childhood, we're revisiting you this weekend, please be kind.

Happy Friday!

No comments: