Monday, July 21, 2014

Slip N' Slide Weekend Recap

Despite the 2+ inches of rain graced us with its presence this weekend, I've decided that it was a smashing success.  We got dumped on by Mother Nature from Friday afternoon to Sunday afternoon, but there was very little thunder and lightning involved which meant everything went right along as planned; we just got a little soggy in the process.

First of all we won our tournament.  Yay! For the 3rd year in a row we've won both the regular season title and the tournament title in our little league.  This year was certainly the most exciting year we've had, but we still did it.  We ended up playing 2 games on Saturday.  We breezed through the first one and run ruled the team after 4 innings, but the second game was a battle against one of the teams that beat us this year.  I can't remember the last time I played any kind of game and was anxious the entire game.  I'm talking, heart racing, having to take deep breaths before every pitch when I was batting so I was not shaking. It was crazy.  We got down by one in the first inning and had a hard time getting our bats going.  We finally started scoring some runs in the 5th inning about the time they got a little big for their britches and pulled out a questionable bat. It worked to our advantage though because they started swinging for the fence and popped out right about the time we started base hitting like we should have been the whole game.  We ended up winning 8-7 (or 8-6 I can't remember) and all was right with the world.

After the game our team headed back to our house to celebrate with an afternoon of pool, food, and slip n' slide where the boys relived their childhoods.  Want to keep a group of 30 year olds entertained during a downpour?  Put out a slip n' slide. Funniest thing I've seen in a long time. In case your're wondering a total of 3 kids played on it Saturday....they were waaaaay outnumbered by the 30 year olds.  =)

The downpours continued on Sunday so we spent most of the day on the couch inside watching movies.  I think I only went out for church, groceries, and a puppy dog walk.  It was weekend downtime perfection!

1. We got suckered into buying some fundraiser donuts on the way to our softball tournament Saturday morning. Maybe the donuts were the reason I was so jittery the second game?!
2. Hamburger AND a hot dog...don't mind if I do.
3. Discussing their slip n' slide technique.
4. Probably my favorite shot of the day.  This is one of our friends leaping onto the slip n' slide in the middle of the downpour.
5. Boys will be boys...even at 30.
6. We played several rounds of Left, Right, Center.  It got to the point where the winner would pass out their winnings just so we could keep playing.
7. Peanut on the other hand decided he'd had enough for the day.
8. Naan BBQ Pizza was on the menu for Sunday night.  I found out on Friday that I can get 10 Naan crusts at Costco for the price of 2 at the grocery store.  Guess who's eating pizza this week?!

Here's to another week!


No comments: