Monday, July 14, 2014

Weekend Recap

It's no secret that we spend 98% of our weekends on the go, but every once in a while it is nice to have a weekend that involves very little.  Like this weekend for example.  We did our usual food and fun combo at the pool, but it was at a much slower pace than usual.

I started out the weekend with free food, which is always a plus. Friday was Dress Like a Cow for Free Chik-fil-a Day.  There is a Chik-fil-a in the building I work in, so I put on some cow ears, a cow nose, and a paper bell around my neck, and came out with a free lunch.  =)

I came home from work Friday afternoon to a napping Eric, which was perfect because I had a few things to whip up in the kitchen for the PEO meeting I was co-hostessing on Saturday.  While he slept, I cooked: spinach dip and Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Bars (aka heaven on earth).  The cheesecake bars might be my new favorite non-chocolate dessert...seriously.  By the time I put them in the oven it was about 6:30 and I was hungry so I woke up sleeping beauty and went in search of food.  Of course we picked the slowest drive thru in town...I waited 25 minutes with one car in front of me in the drive thru for 2 chicken wraps.  I don't understand how that place stays in business.  After we devoured our dinner and a quick puppy walk, we settled in for the evening.

 My Lemon Blueberry Cheeesecake Bars

Saturday after my meeting I came home to a relaxing afternoon and burgers on the grill for dinner.  We tried our hand at smoked tuna dip and came up with a winning recipe, which is coming this week...promise!

This is called weekend perfection...I started this new book, too.  My Dad let me borrow it a while ago, and I found it while dusting one of the book cases Sunday morning.  I am a fan so far!
Sunday I had high hopes for cleaning the house, but got about halfway done and decided an afternoon at the pool with friends was a much better idea. It was for me, but not for my lobster-red hubby.  Apparently the sun has gotten a little bit stronger in the past few weeks and he ended up with a nice burn on his chest.  We spent afternoon swimming, napping and reading, and topped off the day with leftover burgers for dinner.
My shade that I got made fun of for purchasing about a month ago is being used more and more.  Yes it's just a triangular tarp, but it's perfect for puppies to get some relief from the sun at the pool!

Saturday's leftovers = Sunday's lunch/dinner: deer burgers, baked beans, spinach dip, tuna dip, mozzarella cheese sticks, and lemon blueberry bars. 
And that ladies and gents is what I call weekend perfection.  For the first time in a while I am actually rested on a Monday morning, although I still have floors that are waiting to be cleaned when I get home this afternoon, it was so worth it!




No comments: