Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Smoked Tuna Dip

As I was heading home from my meeting on Saturday morning I got a phone call from Eric.  He wanted to use up some of the tuna steaks in the freezer to make smoked tuna dip, and wanted me to find a recipe.  I went to my recipe bible, pinterest...duh, and quickly found a recipe that looked simple and quick. I decide to go with the recipe that was about half of the hits for smoked tuna dip.  It was from Coastal Living Magazine, so whoever put it together most likely knew what they were talking about.  We started there and Eric added his own flair to the recipe. He liked it so much that we ended up doubling the recipe and have less than a quarter of the container left.

Recipe adapted from this recipe.

What You Need:
12 oz fresh tuna steaks
1 Tbsp prepared horseradish
3/4 cup mayo
1/2 cup chopped green onions
1/8 tsp fresh ground pepper
1 Tbsp dill weed
juice from half a lemon
dash of hot sauce (or more if you like it hotter)

How to Make It:
Place the tuna steaks in a smoker and smoke for 1 to 1.5 hours.  If you can't get good fresh tuna steaks or don't have a smoker, you can buy pre-packaged smoked tuna.  This will save you time, too.

Put all of the ingredients in a food processor and pulse until you reach the desired consistency.  Ours was tuna salad consistency.

Serve immediately with crackers.

Enjoy!

No comments: