I grew up going to my grandparents' lake house where we spent all of our time skiing and tubing, but rarely fished. So when Eric and I started dating fishing was something that I had to get used to it very quickly. It did not take me long to determine that I would enjoy myself much more lounging on the boat reading a good book or a magazine while Eric took care of the fishing. I soon also realized how peaceful it was out on the water, especially on the river (The Tallapoosa River) that runs through town. Because the river is so shallow in parts, there are not a lot of boats that run up and down at certain places. You can spend an entire day on the river and not see another boat. The only issue I have ever had with it is that the water is SOOOOO COLD. I am talking 65 degrees in the middle of July and August. It never gets warm. When the water is down it is no biggie because there are several sand bars along the way, but when the water is up, you are stuck in the boat.
This summer should be different with the addition of "the river lot" AKA "Friendly Cotton." It is a lot on the river that my BIL now has and he and Eric (and others) have been busy the past few weeks building a new deck, along with access to the river. It is great! It has a gorgeous view and sooo much privacy. We were there for 5 hours on Sunday and did not see a soul drive by in a boat. There is more work to be done, but we were able to enjoy some burgers and hot dogs cooked on the grill and spent some time laying out this weekend. I realized that all I have are pictures of the view and none of the deck.....I will work on that.
The view from the deck:
The tree behind the deck:
This is just a random shot I got when I was playing around with my camera:
Honeysuckle near the deck:





No comments:
Post a Comment