Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Staying Cool

I had the boys outside with me yesterday afternoon while I was making my daily rounds in my flower beds, picking weeds.  It was absolutely beautiful--low 80's, nice breeze.  Needless to say I was taking my time.

Apparently it was a little too warm for our oh-so-spoiled puppies.  Don't worry!  They found creative ways to keep cool.....

Peanut got creative and  found a nice cool spot in a puddle created by the drain that comes out of the back of the ice machine in our shed. He is laying in a little river of ice cold water in the shade.



Hawk took the more obvious route and cooled off with a dip in the pool.  I am pretty convinced he believes the pool is there for his own private use whenever he gets hot.  We have trained him to go in and out of the pool via the steps (so he won't tear the liner).  It is still a little cool for human use, but for a large puppy dog it's perfect!


No comments: