Friday, December 30, 2011

Couponing 12-28

One of the reasons I started this blog was to share my couponing experiences.  However, I have been completely slacking on this (the posting--not the couponing itself!).  This partially has to do with basketball  season getting under way and not have time to make an enormous grocery run once a week like I am used to, but it's mainly because I just have not sat down to write a couponing post.  Oops!  Well that changes today because I had a pretty good shopping trip yesterday that I HAD to share!

Since the end of the month is upon us, I had several high value coupons that were about to expire.  Unfortunately I had to purchase some items at full price, but the coupons made it all worth it!

The Proof

My haul:
2 bottles Fomula 409 All Purpose Cleaner for $1ea = $2 (on sale 2/$4 + 2 x $1 off 1)
2 packages Oscar Meyer Bacon for $2.99ea = $5.98 (on sale $3.99ea + 2 x $1 off 1)
1 bottle Publix Apple Juice = $.01 (Publix Penny Item!)
1 package Kraft Big Slice Cheese = $1.99 ($2.99 + $1 off 1 [mc]...I had a sc to pair with it but I cleaned out my purse last week and apparently it did not make it back in....grrrr!)
2 packages Oscar Meyer Lunch Meat for $2.33es = $4.66 (on sale 3/$10 + 2 x $1 off 1)
1 package Nathan's Hot Dogs = $3.50 (on sale 2/$7 <--impluse buy because they are so freaking good and are $5.29 regular price)
1 package Community Coffee = $3.99 ($5.99 + $2 off 1)
4 jars Pace Salsa for $.90ea = $2.70 (BOGO $2.79 + 2 x $.50 [dbl] off 2)
1 bottle Welch's Sparkling Grape Juice = $1.50 (on sale 2/$5 + $1 off 1)
1/2lb shrimp = FREE! (Eathfare Competitor Coupon:  Get a FREE! 1/2lb of shrimp with a $10 purchase)
2 boxes Zatarain's Rice Mix for $1ea = $2 (on sale 10/$10)
2 boxes Coffee filters for $2ea = $4  ($3.99 + 2 x $2 off 1)

The rest of the items were for a Duck Stew Eric wanted to make.  I am hoping he takes it all to the hunting camp and it gets eaten there!
1 bag pearled barley = $1.23
2 cans tomato paste for $.60ea = $1.20
Progresso Beef Broth for $2ea = $4 (on sale 2/$4 <--there was another brand that was BOGO but they were out and Eric had to have BEEF broth for his Duck Stew recipe)
green beans = $1.13 (on sale $.99/lb)
carrots = $.99
celery = $1.99
pearled onions = $2.99

On top of all of my coupons I had my trusty $5 off a $55 purchase from Winn-Dixie that I get everytime I make a purchase, so I slapped that puppy on top of my coupon stack before I handed it to the cashier so that my total was in fact more than $55 when it was scanned.  I am not sure why it's taken me this long to realize that I should hold onto those coupons and use them at Publix!

Now for my total.  I spent $47.00 and saved $51.19 for a total percentage of savings of 52%.  Not bad, but not great.  Of course any trip when I save more than I spend is a good trip in my book!  Considering I had to pick up several items for Eric that were not on sale, I would say I did pretty well.  I am especially proud of the fact that the total of my coupons outweighed my Special Price (store sales) Savings. Usually it's the other way around.

Happy Savings!

No comments: