Monday, March 4, 2013

A Weekend Recap Full of Unexpected Productivity

You know those weekends when you have absolutely nothing planned but end up doing more than you thought you would have accomplished in 2 or 3 weekends? Yeah that was our weekend. I felt like I was still trying to recover from our weekend in the mountains and was looking forward to getting some sleep.
1. Bangin' Good Shrimp for dinner Friday night
2. Ice cream and hot chocolate for dessert =)
3. The HC Lady Hawks, not only made it to the NCAA tournament for the first time in program history, but also got just the 2nd NCAA postseason win for an HC team (besides gold because they're really good and win every year). They ended up losing in the second round but this team's accomplishment is HUGE!
4. Hawkey dog playing in the "snow." Peanut and Hollow spent the day curled up on blankets at home.
5. Our accumulation of white stuff!
6. Hallow watching White Fang with us. Every time they shoed White Fang on the screen Hallow ran up to the tv and barked like crazy!  We had to hold him for the majority of the movie so we could hear it.
7. I FINALLY beat Level 33 on Candy Crush.  I've only been stuck on that level for a week.  Yes I realize it's a pretty stupid game, but it's so addicting!
8. Eric touching up the trim in the laundry room next to our pretty new paint job!  Buh Bye yucky boring eggshell color!  

Friday night I came home with plans to make some bang bang shrimp for dinner and start a weekend of vegging by the fire because it was supposed to be COLD! When I got home Eric informed me that he'd spent his afternoon helping his mom move and that it would be nice if we could go help on Saturday morning, too. Ok no biggie. The only thing I had to do this weekend was clean the house and I will do just about anything to get out of that.

Saturday Eric was up at 6:30 ready to go. I told him he'd have to wait until at least after 7 before I was getting out of bed. Shortly after 7 he hollerd into the bedroom that he was going to pick out paint for the laundry room....wait paint?! I was out of bed, showered, and dressed in about 10 minutes. There was no way he was picking out paint by himself. Side note: we've been talking about redoing our laundry room for about a year and the process expedited itself unexpectedly this weekend.

After a quick trip to True Value, a gallon of Mackerel paint in our possession, and a trip to Hardee's because I told him I had to have some food if expected any work out of me, we were headed to his mom's house. While Eric installed her dishwasher, we made some real progress and managed to completely empty 2 of her rooms in about 4 hours in an Alabama snowstorm. Yes it snow flurried and sleeted on us all day while we were moving her and I don't think the temp got above 40 all day Saturday, in March, in Alabama. Global warming my foot.

Eric had his heart set on some seafood étouffée Saturday night so we came home that afternoon, cleaned up a little bit and he made some for dinner. I ate a corn dog since I barely eat seafood by itself, much less in a soup. Luckily we had some friends come help him polish off the soup.

Since I knew we were planning on working on the laundry room on Sunday I took it upon myself to clean out the laundry room Saturday night because that's the kind of crazy stuff you do on a Saturday night when you're married. =) I am so glad I did because it took a while and was much easier to do without Eric trying to throw everything away.

Sunday morning we were up and at 'em bright and early again. I went to early church so I could spend the rest of the day on the laundry room while Eric taped it off and took out the existing storage and washer and dryer. By the time I got home he had just started painting, so my timing was perfect! We put 2 coats on it before we went to his grandma's for lunch (and ate waaaay too much). When we got back Eric and his buddy got to work installing the cabinets, while I washed my car and made myself otherwise pretty scarce. My ultimate goal was to stay out of the way.

We  I finished putting everything up about 8 pm last night, and I am soooooo excited about how it turned out!!! I cannot wait to share some pictures! I have a bunch of before and after pics. It is really hard to believe that it is the same room. The paint and the cabinets make it look completely different. I have some major decorating projects to do in the near future. Since I was not anticipating tips room makeover happening for some time, I was not even thinking about how I wanted to decorate it, but now my mind (and my Pinterest boards) are moving a hundred miles per hour! Hopefully I will be able to accomplish the decorating this week! Now if I could just decide which projects I was to take on!

These are some of my favorites!
Chalkboard Frames                                 Giant Pins and Laundry Sign                                              Key Holder


No comments: