But then we started thinking, and Eric started brainstorming (which means something is going to happen since he is not just a schemer, he is doer, and once gets and idea in his head it is almost always going to come to fruition). We decided that the laundry room could use a little face-lift. Our laundry room not only serves as a laundry room, but also as an entry way of sorts since we rarely use our front door and our car port is behind our house. My only stipulation? Do NOT remove my laundry room door. He was convinced he would have to, but we were able to find a way around it. =)
Ok enough talking about the whys and hows...I am going to let the pictures do the talking. The pictures on the left are the "befores" and the pictures on the right are the "afters."
![]() |
| This is looking at the wall where we keep our keys and what not. The door with the blinds is our back door and the other one is the door that |
![]() |
| This is the wall where the washer and dryer are. Cabinets = no clutter! |
While the cabinets were going up my job was to stay out of the way, so I decided to see what kinds of decorating ideas I could stir up on pinterest. Since I had no idea we were tackling this project until the day before, I really had not had time to think about decorating. I found a couple of ideas and ran with them and I really love what I ended up with.
The black signs are pieces of wood I purchased at Michaels and JoAnn's for less than $10 per board (with 40% off coupons!). I painted them with chalkboard paint, and wrote the words on myself with chalk. The pants phrasing I found on pinterest, but Eric was the one who suggested the sock phrase. I love love love them! I want to add a little container to the one with our name on it to put chalk in so people can leave messages like they used to do on the white board (see before pic above). I hot glued white ribbon to the backs to hang them. The laundry sign and the giant safety pin were Hobby Lobby finds. I saw some giant safety pins on pinterest and fell in love with them. I was going to order some but decided to check Hobby Lobby first, and hit the jackpot! I made the key holder myself last week, and the last thing I added last weekend was the rug. Eric highjacked my front door rug a couple of weeks ago because our old back door rug bit the dust. Not only did it not match, my front door was getting lonely, so I was excited to find one that matched so well.
I think the craziest part of this is that we did all of it (except for the accents which were finished up later that week) in ONE day. Paint, cabinets, reorganizing....done last Sunday. I still can't believe we did it that fast, but I am so glad we did!
Now onto the next project.........=)





No comments:
Post a Comment