Monday, March 11, 2013

Weekend Recap

To say that it was a beautiful weekend around here was an understatement. It REALLY felt like spring time around here!  We took advantage of it for sure!

Puppy Dog walks on Sunday afternoon.  They got 2 in one day because I could not stand to stay inside! Yes I walk all 3 at one time.

1. The boys' double dog walker leash....the ONLY reason I can walk all 3 at once...thanks Mom!
2. Homemade Honey Whole Wheat Bread.....delicious!
3. via I couldn't get a good picture of Kitty Carter at the competition, but this is her in action with the DCCs!
4. Cool Ranch Doritos Locos Tacos!  I completely forgot these came out on Thursday, so I took my happy butt to the border on Saturday and gave it a try, and now I want more.
5. FOOD!  Ahi Tuna steaks for dinner Friday night and Caprese Grilled Chicken for dinner on Sunday.  I love grillin' weather!
6. "I don't WANNA go, Mom!"  When Peanut does when he does not want to go where I want him to go, which is why he wears a harness when we walk. =)

Friday afternoon got here right on time.  Of course I had to run a gazillion errands on my way home, but I found our laundry room rug, a new remote holder that is (so far...knock on wood!) Hollow-proof, and stocked up on some Costco essentials. Since we both had busy Saturdays planned, we opted for dinner @ home...grilled ahi tuna steaks from Costco! and a movie.  We Redboxed Taken 2. It was pretty good, if you like action flicks you'll love it.

I spent Saturday morning putting around the house while Eric got his fish frying stuff ready.  He cooked fish at a Wild Game Cookout for a church in town. He's done it every year for the past 3 years (and loves doing it!).  Once I finally got myself together, I took the pups for a walk and swung by the church to taste test the fish...I couldn't let him serve sub par crappie!  It was superb, and once I'd had my fill I headed to Montgomery to watch some of our dancers compete at the Platinum Dance Competition. It really took me back being at a competition again.  It's been nearly 15 years since I've been to one, but they have not changed a bit. I know sitting in a theater watching dancers perform for 5 hours straight does not sound appealing to most, but I LOVE it!  Our girls did great!  They got both gold and platinum awards, plus a 3rd place overall and a 1st place overall in their respective divisions. One group got a special judges award for being the most "in character" act.  I just about fell out of my seat when I realized who was giving the award....Kitty Carter.  She's the technical director for the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders, and a very hard person to impress, which is exactly what our girls did!

Once my butt was good and numb from sitting in the auditorium, I decided to head back toward home.  Eric called to say he was at a cookout with some friends, so I went to join him and had a blast! There's nothing better than a cookout on a Saturday night with good friends, good food, and good music!

Daylight savings tried to get me on Sunday, but woke up just in time to make early church.  After than it was cleaning time. Like my-house-is-so-covered-in-dog-hair-that-I-WANT-to-clean-it house cleaning.  I felt so much better once it was done, and spent the rest of the day outside with the puppies!  We took several walks and I even decided to start pulling out the remnants of last years flower beds.  I attempted doing some weed control but the 2 little dogs were going stir crazy, so I walked them instead. We finished up the night with some Caprese Grilled Chicken (delicious!) and a little basketball (for me....Eric watched the outdoors channel all evening), and I decided I was going to bed early.  Take that Daylight Savings!

I guess I outsmarted it this morning because I got out the door early on time!  On a Monday, the Monday after springing forward! BAM!  That means it going to be a good week, right?!

No comments: