Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Weekend Recap a Few Days Late

The past few days have been quite a whirlwind around here. I was planning a weekend recap but life happened and now it's Wednesday and another weekend is quickly approaching. Since my week has been full of traveling for work and not much else, I figured I would do my recap today.

Clockwise from top left: 1) Friday night dinner-crab cakes and lobster/shrimp stuffed portabella mushroom; 2) the pollen is back....great; 3) me after my Insanity workout Sunday night; 4) puppy dog buddies; 5) St. Patrick's Day cookies....the extent of our St. Patty's Day celebration; and 6) As of March 17 I've had Sammie the Sonata for one year.  She's such a fun car!
We decided to stay in in Friday so I stopped by Fresh Market to check out their seafood selection. I adore Fresh Market. I worked at one my senior year in high school (and as a result know the names of many obscure fruits and veggies), and still crave their spinach and artichoke dip on a regular basis among other things. I picked up some goodies and headed to the house. We ate late and since Eric was going fishing, he crashed around 8 and I got caught up on my shows from the week.

Since Eric was gone Saturday morning, the dogs let me sleep til 6:30am. Waaaaaaaay too early in my opinion but I was out numbered 4-1, so I decided I would rather get up and let them out than have to clean up after them. Saturday night Eric wanted to grill some deer burgers so we had some friends over for a cookout. It was friends we have not seen in a while so we had a great time!

Sunday I got up early and headed to church, and then did my best to spend the rest of the day outside. It was so nice here all weekend...if we could just figure out a way to keep the pollen away we'd be in paradise. I knew it was springtime when one of the dog leashes brushed up against one of the pine trees in out back yard and it looked like someone was blowing chalk dust off of the chalk tray in school. I spent Sunday afternoon I getting myself ready for the week. I knew I would be traveling for work 3 days this week, so I wanted to make sure I was on top of everything BEFORE the week got started. We finished off the weekend visiting Eric's dad. He is in the hospital right now with an MRSA infection in his foot. They're having trouble treating it because he is a diabetic and has some blockages in the arteries in his legs which is reducing the blood flow to his legs and feet and is the reason his foot is not healing as quickly as it should. Please keep him in your prayers.

As I said I have been traveling for work this week. I went to Birmingham Monday and Tuesday and today I am in Mobile. It has been crazy around the house with 4 puppies running around (the Schnauzer belongs to Eric's mom.....his dad was taking care of the dog because his mom had a hip replacement 2 weeks ago and we have her now since he is in the hospital) I attempted and successfully walked all 4 of them AT ONE TIME yesterday. I think I may have a future as a professional dog walker, although I am pretty sure I was more exhausted than they were when we got back to the house.

No comments: