| Top: No-Bake Energy Balls; Bottom L to R: Avocado Chicken Salad; Guacamole |
Next up were No-Bake Energy Balls. They're one of my favorite sweet treats. I went through a phase where I made them weekly but it's been a minute since we've had any in the house. I have quite the sweet tooth and it's nice to have something somewhat healthy in the house to snack on. I say somewhat because I did the math and figured up the nutrition facts for a batch (I am a nerd I know), and realized that there's about 90 calories per ball....yikes! Eric was not to happy that he could only eat one, so I will try to make them smaller next time so he can eat more at one time and not feel so guilty.
![]() |
| Baked Honey Mustard Chicken Mashed Cauliflower |
I decided that since I was home all day I should probably make something good for dinner, so I got on my recipe machine...aka pinterest...and quickly found a recipe that had my mouth watering. It was a Honey Mustard Chicken that was super easy to make and was delicious! To go with it I tried out some Mashed Cauliflower. I have been completely intrigued with the cauliflower recipes I have seen on pinterest the last several months and have actually tried out cauliflower bread sticks Eric loved them....honestly I prefer the real thing. I was skeptical of the mashed cauliflower and almost didn't make it because I figured it would take too long to rice the cauliflower and then prepare it. I kinda got a late start on dinner because Eric and I went to the field to run right before dinner time, so I didn't start preparing dinner until 6:30...oops! Luckily I was very wrong about how easy it was to make the mashed cauliflower. It was soooooo easy! You cut it into pieces, steam it in the microwave, then put it in the food processor with what ever you want to add to it and bam it's done. To me it tasted just like mashed potatoes (maybe not your grandma's mashed potatoes, but there was very little difference to the texture of the cauliflower vs.instant mashed potatoes).
And because what's a blog post without a good dog pic? This was the scene in our bedroom when I got out of the shower last night. I'd say we have some spoiled boys on our hands. FYI there are 3 dogs in this pic....can you find Hollow?
For the record this bed was MADE before I got in the shower. And Hollow is the large bump in the quilt on the right hand side of this picture....never underestimate the determination of a dog with burrowing tendencies. I guarantee if Hawk weren't smack dab in the middle of the bed Hollow would have been under the actual covers.
Happy Tuesday!
P.S. I am sending happy thoughts to my "little" brother who is giving his big engineering senior project presentation today! You're gonna to great, bud! I can't wait to see you in a few weeks!

No comments:
Post a Comment