Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Beach Weekend Recap

I am back from the land of sand and sun. We headed down to my BIL and SIL's house in Orange Beach this weekend.  They are still remodeling and needed help laying their new tile floor, so we and a few other friends headed down to help out.  The boys worked their tails off all weekend and finished it up Sunday evening.  It turned out gorgeous!  While the boys worked, the girls did our best to stay out of the way, which meant going on walks, laying by the pool, shopping, etc.  It was a tough job but someone had to do it!


1. Eric and I at Wintzell's on Sunday night.
2. The pool!  They just had this pool put in and it is beautiful! Yes that is a hot tub on the right side of the picture.
3. Campground fish fry!  We met up one night with some friends who are staying in OB for the summer at a campground.  Let me just say that campground folks know how to have a good time.  We knew just one couple that was staying there, but the people who were there welcomed us like we were old friends.  They were some of the nicest people I've met.  Eric ended up cooking the fish and his world famous hush puppies (of course).  I can't tell you how many people commented on how delicious they were.  The best part of the night was when an older lady who was staying there came to fix her plate.  She asked one of Eric's buddies how big his girlfriend was and then proceeded to ask him to show her his "guns" (his bicep muscles).  It was hilarious!  We talked to our friends the next day and they told us that after we left all the women could talk about was hoe good the hush puppies were and how nice our guys were to look at.....TOO FUNNY!
4. Boat races on the beach!  More to come on that when I get pictures downloaded from my camera....Thunder on the Gulf was in town this weekend!
5. Grilled Triggerfish (one of my favorites!) from Wintzell's.
6.  The biggest oyster I have ever seen. It took up the entire shell and was half of the length of a fork!
7 and 8. Bobby and Tera's new tile floor!  They found tile that look exactly like hardwood and it is gorgeous!  All the boys agreed that they didn't want to lay another tile floor ever....it was a lot of work (for them) but it was so worth it!
9 and 10. The boys opted to shower in the pool this weekend.  Trying to be one with nature I guess?

Since the boys did not finished laying tile until almost 6pm on Sunday and I didn't have to work on Monday, we decided to stay the night and drive back early Monday.  Eric had to be in Auburn for a call at 9, so we got up early (which is totally normal for him....he was up at the same time this morning to fish!) and were back home by 8:15am. After he left I spent the morning unpacking and cleaning....it's amazing how much 3 dogs can shed in a 4 days. I did manage to take a couple of breaks for puppy walks (of course) and a grocery store run so we would have food to eat this week.  I even convinced Eric to fire up the grill so we could have some chicken and pork chops to eat this week...thinking ahead since we have 2 softball games this week.

I guess I have to get this week started.....only 4 days left!

No comments: