And just like that it's Monday again. I would not have complained if someone told me we were going to extend this weekend by a day. I believe that this past weekend was the quintessential perfect summer weekend. We had amazing weather 3 days in a row....meaning the humidity decided to tone it down and the temps dipped below 90 (just barely) all weekend long.
After work on Friday I made a quick trip to the grocery store and headed home Friday afternoon to find Eric by the pool. Of course I had to join him, because it was too nice not to. Since neither of us wanted to go back out, we tore up some BLTs by the pool for dinner. Well a BLT for him and a BLP for me. I am not a tomato fan, but a couple of years ago I discovered that dill pickle slices are delicious with bacon and lettuce on a sandwich! We had a few friends come by and hung out by the pool all evening....PERFECT Friday night in my book!
 |
| Delicious! |
Saturday we'd planned to have a bunch of friends over to enjoy a pool day/cookout. I spent Saturday morning whipping up my world famous potato salad and some dips for that afternoon while Eric did what he does....fish, of course. We had our happy butts pool side by 2:30 and spent the rest of the day doing what we did the evening before. We only paused to feast of the BBQ'd goodies Eric smoked on the Big Green Egg.
 |
| Meat....it's what's for dinner |
Before I met Eric, I had never seen anyone prepare multiple meats for one meal. I grew up in a house where, if you were having chicken, you had chicken, fish night meant fish for dinner, and pork night meant BBQ'd pork, nothing else. Eric, on the other hand likes to BBQ the entire meat section of the grocery store at a cookout. We had pulled pork, ribs, chicken, and our neighbors even brought a brisket. We decided there was no way anyone could NOT find something they liked. The food was delicious and we ended up with nothing but meat leftover...go figure. However, that means dinners for the next few evenings should be a breeze!
Sunday, I got up and headed to church and then we went to eat at his grandma's house. After lunch he went to the river for a bit while I called my Dad and wish him a Happy Father's Day and had a great chat with him. We finshed off our weekend at the pool, where else. Not ours, though. We went to the neighbors' house. The boys (grown up human boys, not the dogs) and the kids played in the pool, and we had a shrimp boil for dinner. It doesn't get much better than that!
......and that's what summer's all about!
I realized last night I did not take a single picture of anything but food this weekend. I will try to to do better next weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment