Friday, June 21, 2013

We are the Champions.....

....my fraaaaands.....you sang it didn't you?

Happy Happy Friday to all.  I don't know about anyone else, but this week felt like it lasted about 7 workdays.  I was not quite sure I'd make it to Friday this time around, but good news!  I did and now it's Friday and weeeee are the championsssss.......of the WORLD!

Ok not of the world, but of our church softball league.  We had a double header last night to finish out our regular season.  We clinched the title after we run ruled the team we played in our first game, and then we completed our second straight undefeated regular season in the second game. Our second game was against one of the teams that had already played us pretty close once, so we were expecting a battle.  I think the double header was an advantage to us because we were already loose. We got our bats going early and the other team never really got started.  Honestly it was probably one of the best defensive games we've played.  There were several spectacular catches and plays.  And I actually tagged someone out at second!  I get force outs all the time, but I rarely get the chance to tag someone out who is sliding into second.

The Liberty All-Stars!
With all of softball action that did not end until 10:15pm last night, I am probably going to need several cups of coffee this morning to get me through the day.  I've got to get myself going because it's a wedding weekend for us.  Eric's "little brother" (he's not really his brother, but might as well have been) is getting married this weekend so we will be partaking in the wedding festivities all weekend. It should be fun!

No comments: