Friday, September 20, 2013

High 5 for Friday

I made it...woooooooo hoo.  I think this is the first week I have been at the office for 5 days in about a month.  Oh the life of a rockstar or something like that. =) Let's get right to it because being at the office for 5 days totally deserves a High 5!

#1  
I long ago accepted that I am that crazy dog lady who posts more pictures of her dogs than herself, but hey since we don't have children yet they are our kids...just a little more convenient because we can leave them home alone all day. These were some of the shenanigans they were up to this week.
1. Hawk refused to eat his dinner standing up so I plopped his bowl down in front of him on a towel (so it wouldn't slide away-he just stares at me until I move it back toward him when that happens) and he ate the entire bowl.
2. King Peanut on his pillows....because they bed itself isn't quite soft enough.
3. I was folding laundry and found Hollow laying under the pile when I pulled Eric's jeans off the top.  I had NO idea he was down there.
4. The joke ended up being on him because he got stuck in my sports bra.  Being the sweet nurturing doggie mom that I am I left it on him, laughed and took pictures of him trying to get out of it.  That is until he decided to try to chew it off, then I stepped in and freed the little guy.

#2
Tonight is an away game for THS and the game is 2.5 hours away.  Needless to say I will NOT be attending.  I plan to get my craft on this evening.  I am going to a baby shower next weekend and have some cute things I want to put together.  I will probably also do a little baking so we have some goodies to munch on during the games on Saturday. 

#3 
Speaking of Saturday...Hello Fall!  It is supposed to be descending on us in a hurry!  The cooler temps will be accompanied by rain showers (which we need) but that's ok because we have a screened in porch to watch games on. =)  Again, why didn't we screen our carport in 3 years ago when we moved into the house?  Fall has brought with it some spectacular sunrises and sunsets.  Like this one I saw coming in this morning:

#4
My moving day for work is officially set.  This time next week I will be sitting in a different cube on a different floor.  I am super sad to be leaving my window and my incredible view of the river, but it's just one of those things.  It will give me a reason to visit my friends on my former floor. =)
Can't beat this view!
#5
I found this recipe the other day and it looks just too good to share.  I have not made it yet, but I am pretty sure I have found the front runner for Eric's birthday cake this year (if I don't give in before then).  I know it's still several months away, but seriously.....Chocolate Pecan PieCake?!?!  Who comes up with this stuff?!
via
Happy Friday!

No comments: