So the weekend, it really just went too fast. The first part was pretty football-centric, which is how all good fall weekends are. I opted to skip the football game Friday night. The game was an hour away, they have really crappy visitor stands, and Eric assured me the game should be a blowout and I would not miss much. I am so glad I took his advice. We were up 42-0 at the half and they did and 8 minute running clock for both the 3rd and 4th quarters. The boys ended up winning 55-6 and they were home by 10:30pm...from an away game. I think I made the right choice.
Saturday Eric had a full day of helping a friend move and a dove shoot, so I did what any normal southern-dwelling girl would do.....turned on College Game Day and started cooking for the game that night.
![]() |
| We had a spread of Buffalo Chicken Dip (Eric's favorite), First Down Hot Fiesta Dip, Pepperoni Pizza Rolls with Pizza Sauce and Garlic Dipping Sauce, and wings. |
Sunday Eric was off and running again. I think I saw him for about an hour between fishing, football film, and running to Montgomery to put up some tvs in the HC Football Alumni Lounge he was going all day. I kept myself busy with church, a nap, walks and pool time with the puppies (of course), and a big ole sewing project. It's literally a huge project. I was working sans a pattern so there was a lot of guess work and I have a few adjustments to make to it before it's done. I didn't finish it until 8pm, and was exhausted so adjustments and showing the final product will have to wait for another day.
![]() |
| 1. My Friday face.....ready to listen to the THS game on the radio. 2. Since I can't just sit and listen to a game I made cookies, too. Oreo Pudding Cookies to be exact. They were delicious. 3. Peanut said he didn't need a bowl to eat, I could just pour the food in his mouth instead. 4. Our Hawk feeding solution on Saturday morning. Peanut would not leave Hawk's bowl alone so I put it up where only Hawk could reach it. Peanut still sat there and chased Hollow away from it every time he got close. 5. Pretty Morning Glories in all of their glory on Saturday morning. 6. My adorable neighbor. She brought her play-dough with her on Saturday when she came to watch the game with her parents. I love love love play-dough, so naturally I played with her the whole time. This was the island we made. 7. My sewing project....fabric was everywhere. That happens when you have 3.5 yards of it! 8. Hollow and Hawk just lounging around on the porch Sunday night while they waited for their Dad to come home. 9. The fall decorations are out! I changed out my wreaths Saturday afternoon because despite the 90+ temps outside, I was feeling fall-ey. |


No comments:
Post a Comment