We are definitely getting a real, legit winter down south this year. We had flurries this morning just a week after the Snowpocalypse. I am not going to lie, I love it! I was born and bred a Mid-Westerner and to be honest southern winters usually leave me wanting more [cue eye rolls from all Northerners]. This year I've gotten to wear ALL of my sweaters multiple times and I got to see snow in my own backyard. Not to mention I have had real reasons to make a bunch of delicious soups and chili. Last night's selection was Tortellini Soup. So easy, so delicious.
| Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup from Plain Chicken (one of my favorite recipe blogs!) |
When we get to go will all depend on my basketball schedule. Tonight could potentially be our last basketball game of the season. We got a bye in our tournament because we were the 3 seed in the Region (with 3 wins...ha), so if we are already in the second round. If we can win tonight we're guaranteed 2 more games. The team we are playing is good, but not that great. A win is certainly doable. They just have to want it bad enough. I have 4 seniors on the team this year and they have been with my since my first year when they were sophomores. They have been through so much with this program and I think it would be amazing if we could get a win for them. We told them last night that tournament time meant the slates have been wiped clean and your record up to this point now means nothing. The game is now win or go home. I know I am not the most motivational speaker but I hope they take what we've told them to heart.
I hope we keep playing for a few more games, but I am excited to get back to daily walks with these knuckleheads.

No comments:
Post a Comment