......And we're back! Like I said, we decided to take a little trip. Ok so it wasn't a "little" trip, it was actually a pretty big trip with a bunch of friends that we've been planning for 6 months. Where have we been? I'll give you a hint:
 |
| I took this with my phone BTW....it's so beautiful you don't need a fancy camera to capture it |
Those would be the mountains surrounding the Yampa Valley in Colorado. We've spent the last 5 days playing in the winter wonderland and ski destination known as Steamboat Springs, Colorado. To say that this place is amazing is an understatement. The past couple of years we've taken ski trips to Sugar Mountain in Boone, North Carolina, [2011 trip-
Part 1,
Part 2,
2013 trip] and with the help of a gift of the use of my parent's timeshare (thanks again Mom and Dad!) we decided we wanted to go big this year and take our ski trip out west to Colorado this time. I will have a full recap later this week with tons of beautiful mountain-scapes, but I will leave you with just a taste.
 |
| The girls ready to head down the mountain. |
 |
| Dinner at Laundry...one of the best dining experiences I have ever had! |
 |
| The balcony on the top floor on the left of the picture was ours and the mountain in the center was just part of what we got to ski all week. |
 |
| Snowmobiling....check! This was Eric racing around the track at the meadow. |
 |
| This was the view from our balcony one afternoon. I could sit and stare at these mountains all day. |
I am still pretending these sites are just out the window, but they are not. Since we got home so late last night I am taking today to recover and tackle my to do list that is about a mile long. So far the only thing I have accomplished is this post and the oatmeal I had for breakfast. it only took me 3 attempts, and 2 giant milk messes--one in the microwave and one on the stove--before I got it right. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment