First things first. We did not win on Friday night, and another basketball season is in the books. Thankfully, we played a really good game so we went out on a high note. And the bus ride with our opponent was no big deal. I found out after the game that their coach and I both played basketball at HC. She is several years older than me and I had heard her name mentioned by some of my older teammates, but I had never seen her before. I guess it is a small world after all.
 |
| Saturday afternoon sky. Can you see the tiny rainbow spot in the center of the picture? It was the only spot of rainbow in the entire sky. |
We got home at a decent hour so I settled in to watch the last half of the Olympic's opening ceremonies. It was pretty entertaining, but as tired as I was I dozed off pretty quickly. I watched as much Olympic programming as I possibly could this weekend (as usual). I just love it! I can get Eric to watch for a little while, but then he realizes what he is watching and wants to change it. Although I caught him watching men's figure skating the other day and he said he had not changed it because the USA guy was skating. My goal is to watch as much Olympic programming as I possibly can over the next couple of weeks. Lucky for me that will be easier to do since basketball is over.
 |
| Is your mouth watering yet? Mine is just thinking about this! |
The rest of the weekend was spent cleaning the house top to bottom--it was in bad shape--getting back into my cooking groove (homemade mac and cheese, deer spaghetti, and the best cookie bars I have ever eaten-recipe coming this week), and taking long walks with the puppies in my SHORTS! It was mid 60's and sunny all weekend so I decided to let my legs get a little sunshine because they need it bad.
 |
| Handsome boy enjoying the porch. He spent a TON of time out there this weekend. |
This week will be full of adjustments for me. No practice, getting to cook dinner again, watching as much Olympic overage as I can, and adding in Insanity workouts to my nightly routine-which I am stoked about! Oh and we have ANOTHER chance for wintry weather. I think most of it will go north of us, but this will be our 3rd bout of wintry weather in 3 weeks! I realize that is normal for winter most places, but it's crazy for down here! I am just glad the cold has been coming mid-week, leaving the pretty weather for the weekends!
Happy Monday!
No comments:
Post a Comment