I told Eric earlier in the week that I would make his favorite Goat Cheese Pizza and we can stay in on Friday, which he seemed quite content with. But then remembered that he still had not seen Lone Survivor. He has wanted to go see the movie since he saw the first preview for it (quite some time ago). Unfortunately it got to theaters right in the thick of basketball season when all of my weeknights, plus my Friday and Saturday nights were being spent in the gym. Last weekend he mentioned going to see the movie on Sunday afternoon, but decided to go fishing instead (not surprising, but I has happy because it gave me an entire morning to seriously clean the house). He called me Monday at work and said he wanted to go see it this week, so we decided we'd do an early Valentine's dinner and a movie date on Wednesday. A few weeks ago I was browsing restaurants for goat cheese pizzas (can you tell we're a bit obsessed?) and realized that one of the Italian Restaurants downtown had two different varieties. Naturally that's where we went and had an absolutely delicious dinner, although he told me my pizza was better (smart man). I just wish I could figure out how to get my crust crispy like theirs!
Thursday, February 13, 2014
Valentine's Date (A Few Days Early)
Eric and I have never made a really big deal about Valentine's Day. Why? Well mainly because of the timing...Valentine's Day is 3 weeks after his birthday and less than a week before mine, and 6 weeks after Christmas. We always make a point to have a special dinner together whether it be going out or cooking something at home. This year when I realized that Valentine's Day is on a Friday night, I told him there was NO WAY we were going out. #1 we have never had luck going out to dinner on a Friday night. We have been spoiled by living in a small town where you can walk into any restaurant at any time and immediately get a table, so a 20 minutes wait?! No thank you. We just drove 40 minutes to get to the restaurant, we' like to eat now before my hanger rears its ugly head. And #2 It's Valentine's Day so the restaurants will be EXTRA crowded. Thanks, but I would prefer a nice dinner at home.
I told Eric earlier in the week that I would make his favorite Goat Cheese Pizza and we can stay in on Friday, which he seemed quite content with. But then remembered that he still had not seen Lone Survivor. He has wanted to go see the movie since he saw the first preview for it (quite some time ago). Unfortunately it got to theaters right in the thick of basketball season when all of my weeknights, plus my Friday and Saturday nights were being spent in the gym. Last weekend he mentioned going to see the movie on Sunday afternoon, but decided to go fishing instead (not surprising, but I has happy because it gave me an entire morning to seriously clean the house). He called me Monday at work and said he wanted to go see it this week, so we decided we'd do an early Valentine's dinner and a movie date on Wednesday. A few weeks ago I was browsing restaurants for goat cheese pizzas (can you tell we're a bit obsessed?) and realized that one of the Italian Restaurants downtown had two different varieties. Naturally that's where we went and had an absolutely delicious dinner, although he told me my pizza was better (smart man). I just wish I could figure out how to get my crust crispy like theirs!
I told Eric earlier in the week that I would make his favorite Goat Cheese Pizza and we can stay in on Friday, which he seemed quite content with. But then remembered that he still had not seen Lone Survivor. He has wanted to go see the movie since he saw the first preview for it (quite some time ago). Unfortunately it got to theaters right in the thick of basketball season when all of my weeknights, plus my Friday and Saturday nights were being spent in the gym. Last weekend he mentioned going to see the movie on Sunday afternoon, but decided to go fishing instead (not surprising, but I has happy because it gave me an entire morning to seriously clean the house). He called me Monday at work and said he wanted to go see it this week, so we decided we'd do an early Valentine's dinner and a movie date on Wednesday. A few weeks ago I was browsing restaurants for goat cheese pizzas (can you tell we're a bit obsessed?) and realized that one of the Italian Restaurants downtown had two different varieties. Naturally that's where we went and had an absolutely delicious dinner, although he told me my pizza was better (smart man). I just wish I could figure out how to get my crust crispy like theirs!
Labels:
adventure dining,
random
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment