Just like that another week has gone by. I had every intention of blogging lots of things last week, but Snowpocalypse 2014 hit on Tuesday and by the time things were back to normal it was Friday afternoon and I was heading into another weekend of basketball games. It was another 2-fer weekend for me, but [thankfully] the last one. Friday/Saturday basketball game weekends have to be the worst possible idea anyone has ever had. I get exhausted coaching them and I know the girls get exhausted playing in them. The icing on the cake this week was the kids having 3 days off school so we practiced a total of 0 times all week. Amazingly we ended up with a bye in the first round of the region tournament so we don't have to play until Thursday this week. We get to drive and hour and 20 minutes up the road to play a team that is 10 minutes from us because the #1 seed gets to host the tournament....awesome.
So yeah, the weekend. As I said we played on Friday night, but lucky for me the the game was 5 minutes from my office so I stayed late to finish up a couple of things. After the game Eric called and said he was in town, so we met up at a restaurant near Huntingdon...aka our old stomping grounds for a date night. Saturday he headed off to play in a golf tournament and I started putting things together for Senior Day Saturday night. We gave each senior a framed action shot. I used my Cricut to cut out their names and basketball numbers to personalize them. After a quick walk with the pups I headed to Eric's Mom's house for his grandma's 80th birthday party. We had a blast and she was all decked out for the occasion. It took 2 cakes, but she got to blow out all 80 candles! We only set the fire alarm off once. Saturday night went off with out a hitch. Unfortunately we did not win, but I would say that other than that Senior Day was a success. My head coach and I celebrated with Mexican food at 9pm....we're wild and crazy kids I tell ya.
Sunday was spent chuching, napping, and dog walking (it was beautiful here this weekend!). Oh yeah and we watch what I guess you could call a football game. In case you missed it, you didn't miss anything. We left our friends' house at the end of the 3rd quarter and didn't bother turning it on when we got home.
 |
1. The birthday girl blowing out her candles. 2. Ready to go golfing. He purchased his first pair of golf shoes this weekend. I guess that really means he is a golfer now. 3. Pretty punch at the birthday party. 4. You can't have a proper Super Bowl party with out Rotel, right? I used Queso Blanco Velveeta this time. I think this will rank just below Rotel Dip made with actual queso in my book. 5. Someone was excited about the Puppy Bowl! 6. He also found a new place to nap...any chair + any blanket = nap spot 7. Sangria Margarita 8. Our delicious Super Bowl dessert: crescent rolls, cream cheese, butter, and chocolate chips. |
It's time to get this week started. The Olympics start so I am SUPER PUMPED!!! Bring it, Monday!
No comments:
Post a Comment