Monday, January 27, 2014

A Weekend in the Woods

IT's hard to believe that this is the last Monday of January already.  Time is flying! We finally a weekend where we were both in town [cough Eric cough]. But we didn't have a whole lot of free time because I had basketball games on Friday and Saturday and we also play today so we had practice yesterday afternoon.   The good news is that the game times for both games got moved from evening to afternoon so I had free evenings. Our poor kids have not had a day off in 9 days!  I can tell it's starting to wear on them.  Luckily we don't play again until Friday so I am they are getting Tuesday off.

So back to our weekend.  Our game on Friday was at a school 2 hours away so I was so thankful we moved it up. We ended up getting home at a decent hour and even had a little time to head over to some friends' house to hang out after I got home.  Saturday we had another game so I while I got myself in game mode...aka laid on the couch with the puppies all morning Eric was getting things ready for our camp out!  It's hard to beat sitting around a fire on a chilly night with friends and some meat thrown on the grill!  Sunday we took our time going back to the real world, but I had to so I could go home to let the boys out and go to practice Sunday afternoon.   We finished off the weekend with a delicious chicken taco crock-pot dinner and and SVU marathon.  Apparently we missed both the Grammy's and the NFL All-Star Game but I feel like we came out on top based on what I have heard about both events.

The campsite....wish I was there now!
1. I worked on my braiding technique on the 2 hour bus ride Friday.  I think I am ready for a new challenge....French braid pigtails?  Dutch braid perhaps?
2. Eric and I on Friday night
3. These were the looks I got when I got up off the couch finally on Saturday.  They weren't ready to end their naps.
4. Campsite sitting
5. A good bottle of wine and a campfire.  Can life get any better?
6. Our camping digs.  The boys fixed it up quite nicely. We didn't have any electricity, but the propane heater we had kept it warm and toasty!
7. The woods on Sunday morning.  Eric went up to check for deer on the greenfield. Can you spot him?
8. Our own little Prince and the Pea.
9. My nachos for dinner.  Crock-pot chicken is my new favorite thing.  So easy.  Eric said how good dinner was at least 5 times while he was eating. I will recap our meal later this week because I found a couple of recipes that are too good not to share. 
According to the weatherman we're in for some wintry weather this week.  I am crossing my fingers!

No comments: