#1
I need a haircut. The last haircut I had was the end of May last year when I went super short. Here's what's keeping me from going. I know that when I go get it cut I am going to want to get it really cut, not just trimmed because I loved my shorter hair this summer/fall. BUT #1 our ski trip is next month and I don't want my neck (because of my short hair) exposed to the elements. Plus I want to be able to braid/put it in a pony tail and know it's going to be out of my way all day. And #2 I am going to be in a wedding at the end of March and I would like to have longer hair to style for it. On the bright side, I will be able to perfect my braiding skills.| I did this one yesterday at my desk. |
#2
The arctic winds found us again this week and holy moly is it cold. I have decided that mother nature is doing us a favor. You see we're going skiing next month and I think she is just trying to acclimate us to the colder temperatures so that when we're skiing we won't be too cold. I have slowly been putting together a larger cold weather wardrobe because I am pretty sure I have worn the same sweater/shirt combos once a week for the past month since it's been so cold. Thank you JCPenny's and Jane.com.| This was a Target Kids Clearance find for $3. My pea-sized head paid off again! I put it on last night when I took the dogs out and stayed nice and toasty warm! |
#3
I'm not saying the past couple of weeks are wearing on us but last night Eric asked me how much longer basketball season was going to last. I think he might actually miss me being around in the evenings. These last few weeks have been crazy busy and the next two are going to be even crazier. If we can come up with a win this afternoon then we will clinch 3rd place in our region and earn ourselves a bye in the first round of the region tournament and provide ourselves with a little breathing room week after next. Wish us luck!
#4
I know I have said it before but I am so enjoying teaching my tap classes this year. These kids (most of them) continue to blow my mind at what they can do. I am going to have to start learning some new harder steps/combinations to teach them. I had the more advanced group in one of my classes for an hour last week, so I decided to see if they could do a double pullback just for funzies. It's not the hardest step in the book but certainly the most challenging thing I have thrown at them thus far because it involves jumping up and tapping while you're jumping and is a pretty difficult concept to get across. To my amazement most of them got the gist of it the first day and by this week they'd mastered it. I just love hearing "I got it!" coming from all over the room while I am teaching. So I did the natural thing and put it in their dance. =) The double pull back starts at 0:43 seconds in the video if you care to see the step.
#5
I will leave you with this beautiful sunrise I've been driving to work with all week long. I guess there are some benefits of getting up early every day.
Happy Friday!
No comments:
Post a Comment