I think I can say that Eric had a pretty great 30th birthday yesterday. He said he didn't want to do anything big since he just got back from Las Vegas and we're going skiing next month. We ended up going to his Mom's house to have dinner with his parents and she cooked an amazing steak dinner for all of us. The best part though was the roasted garlic. I have never had roasted garlic before, however I WILL be making some in the very near future. That stuff was amazing. We had them on Asiago Cheese bagel slices topped with homemade ranch dressing. It might sound a little strange but it was one of the best things I have ever eaten. I would have taken pictures if it weren't for the fact that I was INHALING it!
After dinner it was time for cake! Yes that little beauty above (the cake not the boy, but he's pretty cute, too). I was so excited about his cake. I found the recipe on
pinterest several months ago. It was one of those recipes that when I saw it I KNEW I had to make it. I even put a note in the text part of the pin so I could remember when I searched for it. It was a semi-complicated cake, made completely from scratch so I was a little nervous about how it would turn out, but it turned out perfect. It's called a
Pecan Pie-Cake.
 |
| Ta Da! |
Looks amazing right? But it's gets better. I am sure you are thinking why call it a
Pecan Pie-Cake if all you did was bake a chocolate cake and put pecans on the top?! Here's why:
 |
| Holy Moly! |
Yes that is an entire pecan pie baked inside of the chocolate cake! Surprise! It's TWO cakes for the price of ONE! Eric told me later that if he had known there was a pecan pie baked inside the cake (I kept it a secret) he would not have eaten so much for dinner. The only problem we have now is that we still have 3/4 of it left....ugh. We're going to have to have people over this weekend just to finish this sucker off!
Cake anyone!?
No comments:
Post a Comment