It's back to the grind for me today. I worked most of last week but nothing really goes on around the holidays at the office and so many people are out it doesn't feel like real work. I must say the part I am the most bothered by is that I had to wear real dress pants. I have not had to wear them since mid-December and I am really missing my jeans, especially considering the high today is 30! In true southern fashion, people are freaking out here. Several school systems have closed for today and tomorrow due to the cold, which if you ask me is a little (ok a lot) on the ridiculous side). I realize they don't want kids out at bus stops or walking to schools, but a delay seems like a much better idea to me that cancelling all together. I could understand if we had -50 windchills like several members of my family are experiencing, but with windchills in the teens let's send the kiddies to school. I am pretty sure the fact that Auburn is playing the National Championship tonight has something to do with the cancellations, but no one with admit to that.
My weekend was split between 2 things: basketball (duh) and de-Christmasing the house. We played Friday and Saturday this weekend and finished the weekend 1-1. It was an important 1-1, because the win gave us our second win this season. Two wins may not seem like a lot but it made us 2-2 in our Region, which is HUGE because that means we're #3 in the Region! Now if we could just put the ball in the basket more consistently (we scored 54 on Friday but only 19 on Saturday), we could add a few more wins to our record. We may need to figure out a way to cool out gym down because the heaters were out on Friday when it was in the 40s and the gym was ice cold when we scored 54.
 |
1. Hollow enjoyed watching The Little Rascals on tv this weekend. 2. The school we played on Friday had not one but 2 guys who were about 6' 8" and looked like grown men, not high school seniors. This is one of them dunking....nearly above the rim. 3. The school we played at on Saturday had Spunks....aka Otis Spunkmeyer Chocolate Chip Cookies, so naturally I get some and then looked for copycat recipes as soon as I got home because I have missed those delicious morsels or amazingness. 4. I had to put up the dog toys when I was cleaning on Sunday so I could vacuum/mop, but every time I put the boys' new bones up Peanut would pull them out of the basket, so I finally put them on the mantle. Don't worry Peanut found them and waited on the fireplace step until I got one down and gave it to him. 5. we had lunch at Eric's Mom's house on Sunday and got to see this little nut. She cracked me up sitting on her perch on the back of the couch. |
As for my other weekend activities, it took me 2 days but I finally got all of the Christmas decorations taken down. I probably could have done it in one if I had a full day (but I didn't because of ball games). The last thing to come down was our Christmas card display. I hang them in our doorway so they are on display and I just LOVE looking at them. One of these days I am going to make a book for them like I say I am going to do every year.
 |
| Yes that is my Letterman's jacket from college hanging on the chair. It's my dog-walking jacket when it's cold because it's so warm and cuts the wind. |
Tonight is the National Championship, and for the 5th year in a row a team from Alabama is playing for it. I am hoping the Auburn Tigers can pull another big win off and bring a 5th consecutive National Championship back the state of Alabama....how cool would that be! I am super jealous of all of my friends who are enjoying the warm sunny California temps while we are experiencing record lows down here!
Speaking of record lows, that little brother of mine spent yesterday evening braving the cold in Wisconsin at the Packer/49ers Wild Card game which ended up being the 7th coldest NFL game in history. The temp was 4 degrees, but windchill made it feel like -14 degrees. I told him I needed photographic evidence of his attendance and he obliged.
 |
| He was clearly rocking the Ninja Turtle look at the game. |
If you are in the eastern part of the country today and tonight, bundle up and stay warm....and War Eagle!
No comments:
Post a Comment