Monday, January 13, 2014

A Relaxing Weekend (Finally)

I am happy to report that I finally feel like I have recovered from the holidays.  It only took a week and a half of "normal" and a nearly unplanned weekend with only one basketball game to get there, but I did. Eric was out of town for a business trip in the Florida Keys.  Seriously.  Why can't I have business meetings in tropical locations?! The good news is we did have some beautiful weather on Sunday.  The boys and I took full advantage of it and enjoyed an hour long walk (which is a big deal considering I have 2 dogs with very short legs....it never would have happened a year ago).

Beautiful day!
Friday night I had a free day.  We didn't have a game and practice was short and early meaning I could not make it back to town in time, so I got to run some errands I have been meaning to run for a couple of weeks.  I got home a a decent hour and decided that since I had nothing better to do I would get my butt back on the workout train (while I had the time) and do Insanity.  It kicked my butt and I am still paying for it 3 days later, but I am glad I did it.  My plan is to do it a few nights a week time permitting.  Unfortunately this week is not looking good free-time wise, so I may be back to square one this weekend.  The puppies and I vegged the rest of the night and watched movies.

Saturday I had an afternoon game with broke up the afternoon a bit.  We got killed, but the boys team won a thriller on 2 free throws with 0.5 seconds left to go in the game.  I am so glad I stuck around for that one. Saturday night I tried out a new pizza recipe....surprise surprise and found a new fancy favorite!

Sunday was pretty typical...church and lunch at Eric's grandma's.  Thanks to the Big Ten Network I got to watch BOTH the women's and the men's teams from Purdue play on tv, which is always a bonus, AND both teams won!  I finished off my weekend with the Golden Globes, which was interesting.  I have not watched an award show all the way through in a long time, but I enjoyed it....esp Tina Fey and Amy Poehler as the hostesses.  They are hilarious!

1. My favorite workouts that I love to hate.
2. The good news is I was still standing when it was all over, even though I walked around like an old lady all weekend.
3. My din din on Friday night.  I decided I NEEDED to try the Kaluah-Pecan-Brown Sugar Baked Brie recipe I pinned while back.  It did not disappoint and I ate the entire thing over the weekend....hence the reason Insanity was a necessity.
4. Channel surfing Saturday morning I came across some classic Looney Tunes so of course I watched it and realized it was one of my all time favorites when the Abominable Snowman thinks Daffy is a bunny, telling him he is going to name him George and that he will love him, and hug him, and squeeze him. I vaguely remember doing this to my brother when we were little after watching this.  They just don't make cartoons like this anymore!
5. Din din on Saturday night.....Pizza (duh).  I tried something new and used goat cheese and salad greens on my pizza. It was delicious and I will try it again soon!
6. Have I mentioned how rotten this boy is?  He wouldn't eat his food on the floor because the little dogs were hovering so I put in on the coffee table where I was sitting and he chomped away.
7. My new super cute Crochet Head Wrap from Jane.com...best site ever.  I can't wait to wear it skiing next month!
8. Sweet babies cuddling on Sunday night.
9. This is how Peanut protests on a walk.  If he does not want to go where we're going he sits down and if I pull his leash he does a barrel roll and plays dead until I go pick him up.  Sunday I would  not let him go sniff in the neighbor's back yard and he thought he should be able to.....ROTTEN!
I am gearing up for a another busy week this week, but what's new.  I am not going to know what to do with myself in a few weeks when I get to come home and do nothing.  Friday was weird enough. At least I know I will be willing to workout, based on this weekend's events. =)



No comments: