15 or some odd years ago (I can't remember exactly how long) my grandma gave all of us a calendar. This wasn't just any calendar. It was what became known as THE Family Calendar. She took family pictures and assembled them into a wall calendar for each family to enjoy. I don't know if she knew that this many years later we would still look forward to our yearly calendar around the holidays, but it has turned into a really awesome family tradition. Everyone needs a calendar to keep up with life, right? Why not have a calendar full of pictures of people you love the most?
A few years ago the calendar preparation started rotating through the family, and this year it was my privilege to get to put it together. It was right up my alley, being a former high school yearbook editor, and I thoroughly enjoyed getting to assemble it. It does help having a really really good-looking (did you say that in your best Derek Zoolander voice?) family that takes lots of wonderful pictures and I enjoyed going through all of the pictures sent to me from everyone.
I mean is there really anything better than 12 months of the people you love smiling back at you when your keeping your daily life in order (even if those smiles are covered in black icing--see October)?! It's crazy to me to see how our family has grown so much. We've gone from producing 4 calendars to producing 8 calendars just in the last 7 or 8 years and we've added a few new family members in the process, too!


No comments:
Post a Comment