Thursday, January 2, 2014

Christmas 2013 Recap: Part 2

As I said in my first Christmas post, we were fortunate to be able to have Christmas with both of our families this year.  After an amazing Christmas with my parents and brother, we loaded up the car and the mutts and headed back to Alabama on Christmas Eve morning.  We pulled into town with enough time to unpack, straighten up the house a little and head over to Eric's Grandma's house for Christmas Eve dinner.  We had a spread of delicious hors d'oeuvres and had a nice time chatting with her and his uncle before we headed over to his Mom's for a little while.  We finally headed home around 9 so Santa would not pass over our house and so I could get the breakfast casserole made before we went to sleep.

Our beautiful tree!
We slept in Christmas morning and then exchanged gifts.  He got me a super comfy purple Nike Dri-Fit Sweatshirt and a monogrammed Otterbox for my phone.  I gave him a shirt, a belt clip for his phone (he broke his right before Christmas), and new Yatzee game for the bathroom, and some cash for his upcoming trip to Las Vegas in my own special way. There was no way I was just handing him some cash. =)

We lounged around the house for a little while and then went to his Mom's house to have Christmas brunch and exchange gifts with his parents, his brother and his wife, and his grandma.  We had a wonderful time!  Since his brother and his wife moved away this summer we don't get to see them whole lot any more, so it is always wonderful when we are able to get together.

We finished off our Christmas with a BBQ Chicken Pizza cooked on Eric's new Big Green Egg baking stone.  He was so excited to get to use it and we have used it a couple of times since then.  I have a feeling we're going to get a LOT of use out of it.

1. Hawk's favorite way to ride in the car...jowls flapping in the breeze!
2. Eric showing his grandma how to use her new Keurig.
3.  Eric found a new way to eat breakfast casserole....as a sandwich.
4. Opening his Vegas gift from me...I used glue dots to put dollar bills and fun Vegas trip ideas on a deck of cards and wrapped them up in the card box so he had to go through all of them!
5. Christmas Day walk with the puppy dogs.
6. Our Christmas night BBQ chicken pizza!
7. Of course we watch White Christmas on Christmas night. =)
8.  Our movie was accompanied by delicious hot chocolate!
Some of my favorite pics my SIL took at our Cagle Family Christmas Brunch!

And that my friends is the end of my Christmas/Holiday Recaps (except for maybe a recipe or 2!).  We had a truly wonderful holiday season and I am sad to see it end.  And no that's not why we have not taken the tree down yet.  I just have not had a chance yet! =)

No comments: