Friday, August 21, 2015

High Five for Friday

Here we go.......
1.
After a week of just the pups and I, Eric is finally back from his hunting trip out West.  He and his brother traveled to the booming metropolis of Springfield, CO (population 1,400 on a good day according to Eric) to go on an antelope hunt. Thankfully they both came back with a trophy and a TON of antelope meat, making the 18 hour drive completely worth it (I hope).  There is a very good chance I will get my first taste of antelope meat this weekend so wish me luck and please send any antelope meat recipes you have lying around my way...because who doesn't have antelope meat recipes lying around?!
My hunter and his big kill!

2. 
This week marks my 8th year of working at my job.  8 years!  That's nuts! In that amount of time I could have gone back and redone high school and college!  I could have repeated my entire competitive basketball career!  I could have started and completed medical school in that same time!  It's so crazy to me thinking I have been here that long. I am so thankful for my job and I hope I will be able to continue doing what I do to help Alabamians live healthier lives for many years to come.
I celebrated in my office wrapped up in a hoodie sweatshirt and my snuggie...why oh why does it have to be so stinking cold all of the time in the office?!?  

3. 
I celebrated another tiny milestone this week...my half birthday!  As of yesterday I am officially 30 and a half!  I celebrated with a long workday, a trip to Costco, a workout, dinner at home, a puppy walk, a little reading, and an early bedtime.  Pretty much everything one would expect a 30.5 birthday to contain.  So far 30 has been quite nice for me.  I certainly don't feel any older than I did before so we'll just go with it for now and I'll let you know when this getting older thing starts to rear it's ugly head.  For now I am just going to pretend it's not happening, continue to eat Oatmeal Cream Pies for dessert like I'm 7, and wonder why they don't make super cute shirts like this in my size.  =)
via
4.
Since Eric was out of town for a week, I have made exactly 0 dinners since early last week. I would say that I have not cooked at all but I made some pretzel shortbread cookies (will be sharing soon) and a batch of banana bread last weekend to take to my friend who just had a baby.  I can usually deal with sandwiches every night, but after night 6, I was ready for something else. Unfortunately due to football scheduling Eric was not home  for dinner the night he got back from his trip, so I cleaned out the fridge instead of cooking. So last night, despite him having another football engagement (gotta love the first game week of the season), I whipped up the most delicious, easy homemade Chinese dish, Honey Lemon Chicken.  It was fantastic and I've already thought about doing Orange Honey Chicken or perhaps just Honey Chicken.  The best part was I had almost everything I needed already, so this recipe can be one of those I keep in my back pocket for a last minute 3rd or 4th meal of the week that I don't have to make a special grocery store trip for.

5. 
Tonight is the night.  We kick off the 2015 football season this evening and I am excited about it! It's kind of hard to believe that it's already here.  I feel like they just started summer practice a few weeks ago.  It's time to start color-coordinating my Friday outfits, so I've got my purple and gold on! I even ordered a couple of new school spirit-themed Fitbit Bands on jane.com that I can wear on game days.  I just wish I'd thought about ordering them before this week.  Oh well I'll have them soon enough!
via
Bring on the boots and scarves and crockpot recipes and everything else I adore that comes with the football season territory!  I'm ready for it!

No comments: