This week's leftovers consisted of potato salad, baked beans, mac and cheese, ribs, and 2 containers of Boston butt. The mac and cheese didn't last past Monday (obviously), but the rest of the items have lingered. Rest assured I am trying my hardest to use up the Boston butt. We usually make a BBQ pizza or BBQ nachos but I wanted to try something different this week. After hitting up Pinterest I found the inspiration I needed and we have feasted the last couple of evenings on delicious BBQ Tacos with a spicy southwest slaw. We both love it. I usually tire of pork after a couple of meals but I am thinking that I am ready for round 3 for dinner this evening (if there's any slaw leftover).
original recipe from here
What you Need:
4 cups broccoli slaw (I used a 12oz bag)
1/2 onion, thinly diced
1.5 Tbsp yellow mustard
1.5 Tbsp white vinegar
3 Tbsp mayonnaise
1 Tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1/4 tsp chili powder
How to Make It:
Put dry broccoli slaw in a large bowl. In a smaller bowl, mix together mustard, vinegar, mayonnaise, sugar, salt, red pepper flakes, and chili powder. Pour mixture over slaw and stir until the slaw is evenly coated. Mix in onions and stir until completely combined. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
How to Serve It:
I took some leftover Boston Butt and warmed it up in a skillet, mixing in a little BBQ sauce while it heated up to give the meat some flavor. I put equal amounts of meat and slaw in tortilla shells I warmed in another skillet, and topped them with a little shredded cheddar cheese. Eric added salsa and hot sauce to his because he believes you have to put hot sauce on everything. These tacos were soooo tasty! The slaw has a slight hint of heat to it, but the sweetness of the BBQ sauce in the meat balances out the heat. If you want to, you can adjust the heat by decreasing the red pepper flakes and chili powder.Talk about a winner winner, but I guess we'd call this pork dinner?! Who cares....just go make it. =)


No comments:
Post a Comment