1. My Friday lunch. I love love love (did I mention love?) Jimmy John's. We recently got one downtown so there has been a buzz around the office about it, mainly since they deliver with it being so hot outside and people getting tired of Chik-fil-a (the only other option in the building). We had a minor break in the oppressive heat that's been hanging around since June so a co-worker and I walked over to grab lunch. Perhaps this can be my new Friday Football Food Tradition for this season...we shall see.
2. Tiger Night was on Friday night so I ventured up to the football field to watch the game. It's just an intra-squad scrimmage, but it's still fun. Plus this amazing breeze started blowing Friday evening that actually made feel like dare I say fall? OK it wasn't exactly a cool fall breeze, but it made possible to sit outside and enjoy the game without sweating to death. My only complaint was I had no idea who the kids were playing. With players graduating, jv moving up to varsity, and others switching numbers in the off season, the other coaches wives and myself spent half of the game trying to figure out who was who. I will be glad next Friday when I have a program with a roster in my hands.
3. Saturday AM I was up early (thanks Hawk and Peanut) so I took them on a walk and got a run in before going to visit a friend and her sweet 3 week old baby boy. We had a great visit and it was great to see her! We work together so I've been missing our daily chats! After I got home, I treated myself (and the boys) to a little pool time. This time of year if my favorite for pool time because the water is just cool enough to be refreshing, but not cold like it is early in the year.
4. & 5. These two....I did my best to keep the two of them outside as much as possible when it was not too hot which meant lots of fetch time and walks (despite Peanut's protests - pictured above).
6. Saturday night I had a really fun Girls Night with a couple of girlfriends. We started the night at Blackfinn for appetizers and ended up downtown for a little while. I can't remember the last time I got out for a little while and we had a blast! Although, I can say with no regrets that I am over the bar scene. I will take background music and a glass of wine over loud bands and huge crowds every. single.time.
7. Saturday night was my first time at Blackfinn and I was impressed. They had some absolutely delicious appetizers. I had the Blackened Brie and it was fantastic!
Sunday was spent churching and relaxing. I did get my happy butt on the treadmill because I was afraid I was not going to make my 10,000 steps for the day...don't worry I made it. =) It was a nice afternoon, so I once again tried to keep the pups outside for a while and ended up weeding my veggie garden. It needed it desperately. My garden season is definitely winding down, and I was tempted to till it up because half of it is dead or covered with weeds. I had a bad case of squash borers that completely wiped out my squash and zucchini plants. I didn't know what they were until it was too late and my plants were dying. I put off tilling it up because I still have 2 watermelons growing, but I got a nice surprise Sunday when I found 4 new baby cantaloupes as I was pulling the weeds up!
I was quite shocked to find them. I figured that with the awful heat and lack of rain we've had there would not be much else coming from the garden this year. It just goes to show that new and wonderful things can come in even the harshest conditions.
I am crossing my fingers that my statement above holds true for Mondays as well. =)


No comments:
Post a Comment