We kicked off this season with our annual BBQ Rib Cookoff at our house Saturday night. Eric came in 2nd....again, but only but one vote this time. Maybe next year...lol! We also did a Mac & Cheese contest, which I bowed out of because I have yet to find a simple, successful mac and cheese recipe. The best ones in my opinion are ones that start with rues and rues and I have never gotten along. I burn them or they get lumpy and I end up getting frustrated with the whole process. I opted to make potato salad and Chinese coleslaw instead. We had 5 mac and cheese entries so it was no biggie. We filled up the evening with food, swimming, Left Right Center, and a round of Celebrity. And now we're just over a week away from the first game!
The coaches and wives (minus 2 coaches and a whole lot of kids). I can't begin to tell you how awesome this group of folks is. I am really looking forward to spending another season with them!
After such a fun day on Saturday we were beat and spent nearly the entire day on the couch Sunday catching up on Redbox movies we wanted to watch....we went with Insurgent and Get Hard. (They were both pretty good.) I felt kind of bad for not taking the dogs out more than I did but it was just too stinkin hot to do anything outside. I don't think they really minded too much.
They were clearly game for lounging. =)
So here's to the end of Football-less Friday nights for a few months....now if we could just get the temps to go down ever so slightly I will really be ready for the season to start!


No comments:
Post a Comment