Friday, August 28, 2015

High Five for Friday

-one-

I am pretty sure fall has the most gorgeous sunrises.  Perhaps it's because the days are getting shorter and so I get to see them in their full glory on my way to work in the morning.  This week they have been absolutely spectacular and I can get enough of them!

-two-

We broke away from our usual after work routine yesterday and headed back downtown for a baseball game.  We watched the Montgomery Biscuits (yes it's the actual name of the team) play the Jackson Generals.  The game was a special one because one of the kids Eric used to coach now plays for the Jackson Generals, so we got to see him, plus we had awesome suite tickets so we got to watch the game in style!  Eric won the tickets a couple of months at a golf tournament he played in and we waited all summer so we could share the tickets with the kid's family and friends while Jackson was in town.  We had a blast, although my tail is dragging today since we didn't get home until almost midnight.  #missedmy9pmbedtime

-three-

You can't go to a ball park without partaking in the food situation, and partake we did.  One of my friends told me about a stand that sold Philly Cheese Steak Nachos, so naturally we had to give them a try.  They were good, but they don't hold a candle to the BBQ Nachos that you can get at any sporting event you go to in Memphis.  At least we can say we tried them.  I indulged in a massive bacon cheeseburger.  It was fantastic and super messy, and I woofed it down so fast that I didn't get a picture of it.  I am going to say it's because I ran right before we went to the game and I was hungry.  =)  I did get to try something that I hope I will be able to find in stores soon....Daily's Spiked Sodas.  I tried the Raspberry Ginger Ale and it was fantastic. Delicious and crisp!  Perfect for a summer evening!

-four-
Tonight is Game 2 of the 2015 football season.  Our team has their work cut out for them as the team we are playing this week is much much better than the one we played last week.  From what I understand THS has never beat this team.  They aren't in our region so we've only played them in the playoffs and a couple of random years we've scheduled games with them, so it would be absolutely fantastic if we could pull out a win tonight!

-five-

Last but certainly not least, we are celebrating 8 years of this crazy monster today! He always keeps us laughing with his crazy antics and is the sweetest, kindest, silliest "lapdog" I know.  Happy Birthday Hawkey Dog!  We love you!

No comments: