Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Weekend Recap

Clockwise from top left: 1) Coaching 'em up during a timeout. 2) The boys with their bribe reward for behaving themselves when we went to get their rabies shots Saturday afternoon. 3) Antelope tacos...it's what's for dinner! 4) The only thing I checked off my to-do list Sunday, made Eric some pickled okra.  I hope it tastes good in a couple of months!

Our first official game week is in the books.  One down at least 9 more to go (hopefully more!). We started off the weekend with a win, and ugly win, but a win.  Eric said they have a lot of work to do this week to prepare for Friday because we're playing a very good team.  I don't plan on him getting home early any this week for sure, so dinner will most likely be make-your-own all week.  #coacheswifeprobs  He actually prepared for this by making a big bowl of tuna salad and a big bowl of chicken salad for him  to eat on all week....and my kitchen smells just lovely as a result.  I realized this AM that he didn't put lids on the bowls, just press-and-seal wrap, I remedied this problem as soon as I realized so hopefully it won't smell like a meat locker when I get home today.

Saturday he was out the door early to go work at the hunting land because hunting season is just 2 months away. I passed up a breakfast offer to go to 1220 Cafe in favor of brunch with my PEO Chapter at Shashy's in Montgomery.  It is very close to where I went to college but I'd never been there.  Brunch was fantastic, and a couple of the girls and I decided that when the boys go to do boys-only football activities at Homecoming this year, we're going to head over to there to have some girls time.

We ended our Saturday with our first antelope dish....Antelope Tacos. We marinated the meat in Frontera's Carne Asada Marinade and grilled it.  These sauces are quickly becoming some of our favorites.  They're super easy and everyone we've tried is delicious.   Some of our favorites are the Texas Original Taco Skillet Sauce, the Green Chili Enchilada Sauce.The tacos were delicious!  Eric said the meat was the best game he's had.  To be honest it tasted just like a flank steak or a sirloin.  Certainly not a filet, but is there anything as good as a filet? He said we've got some burger meat coming soon so perhaps we'll be dining on antelope burgers this fall.

Sunday Eric headed off to football meetings and I got some much deserved R&R time. I made out a giant to-do list with all of the things that I could/should be doing with my free Sunday afternoons from now until the end of football season. Now if I could just find the motivation to do these things instead of take a nap.  =)

Here's to another great week!

No comments: