What you Need:
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt
1 bunch broccoli (or in my case 1/3 of the giant bag of pre-cut broccoli from Costco)
Ruth Ann's Muskego Avenue Chicken/Fish Seasoning* (or your favorite lemon pepper seasoning)
Juice from 1/2 of a lemon
How to Make It:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cover a large cookie sheet/jelly roll pan with aluminum foil (This is simply so you won't have to wash the pan when you're done. Just pull the foil off the pan, throw it away, and put the pan back in the drawer).Pour 1-2 Tbsp olive oil evenly onto foil. You can just pour it in zigzags to get some on the pan, you'll mix it all in later.
If you're using a bunch of broccoli, cut into small, bite-sized pieces and place evenly on pan (do not over lap pieces). If you're
Sprinkle salt and Ruth Ann's Muskego Avenue Chicken/Fish Seasoning evenly over broccoli. I don't measure, just use what I think would flavor it.
Squeeze juice from lemon half and pour a little more olive oil evenly over the broccoli and mix the broccoli/seasoning/oil around. I use my hands, but you can use a spatula if you'd like.
Pop the pan in the oven for 20 minutes. Serve immediately. It doesn't hurt to check it at 10 minutes, and shake the pan up just bit so the tops don't get to crispy, but it won't hurt if you don't.
To say we have enjoyed this dish is an understatement. I've made it no less than 4 times in the past 2 weeks, and Eric and I can polish off an entire pan in one sitting.
*Ruth Ann's Muskego Avenue Chicken/Fish Seasoning comes from our favorite spice store, Penzeys. The seasoning is very similar to a lemon pepper seasoning, but it's got a little bit of garlic and onion mixed in to it. It was a freebie we tried several years ago that quickly became a staple in our house. I use it on all kinds of foods and it's fantastic on everything we've tried it on.
I paired our broccoli with a quick, easy chicken bake earlier this week. Here's a similar recipe I made a couple of years ago. I just swapped my mozzarella for Parmesan, and mushrooms for artichokes for this one because that's what I had in the fridge. =)



No comments:
Post a Comment