Thursday, July 28, 2011

Wedding ABC's Part 5 of 5

We've been out of town for a week so I am a little behind on posts but I wanted to get this one up because it's our anniversary week!  We will celebrate one year of wedded bliss on on Sunday, July 31.  I can't believe it's already here, but I guess time flies when you're having fun!

Here is the last installment of our Wedding ABC's.  This week we have letters U-Z.

Ushers
This crew was made up of Eric’s friends from high school and the kid who has been like a little brother to him.



Videographer
We did not use a hired videographer, but my cousin did do an amateur version so we could send it to my grandma who could not make the trip.


Weather
It was HOT.  Shocker right?  It was late July in Alabama so there really was no debating.  We chose that time of year mainly because it fit in to our schedules the best.  We just made sure we stayed inside most of the day. I think we spent a total of 10 minutes taking pictures outside....notice Eric had already shed his jacket.





eXit
We left the reception in a wave of bubbles!  The pictures are some of my favorites from the entire wedding.  I was a little worried about the bubbles showing up at night, but they ended up looking like little stars!

As we got into the limo and noticed that Eric’s jacket was being held up blocking someone.  As soon as we were in, they pulled them down and 2 of Eric’s friends were behind them saying “Let’s go party!”  It was ridiculous but absolutely hilarious!





Youngsters
We did not have any really young children in the wedding.  My 2 cousins who were 10 and 7 at the time were my junior bridesmaid and flower girl, respectively.



Zzzzz’s
We spent our wedding night at the Renaissance Hotel in downtown Montgomery.   Through my job I can get really great discounts at certain hotels, and Renaissance just happens to be one.  Well in all of the commotion in the week leading up to the wedding, I completely forgot to call and book a room for us.  Somehow in between everything that was going on the day before the wedding (see the letter E) I remembered that I had to call and get a room.  As I was trying to book the room I kept fumbling over my words, and I finally told the woman who was taking my reservation that it was the day before my wedding and that I was booking our wedding night hotel room.   I don’t know if it was because I told her that or what, but we had an absolutely beautiful room on the top floor of the hotel with HUGE windows that overlooked the river.  It was breathtaking.  Shortly after we got to our room (with our trays of food someone packed for us to take with us!) an enormous fireworks display started going off.  I would love to be able to say they were all for us—they weren’t.  There was a concert downtown that night and they were part of that.  However, it was a wonderful way to end the most perfect day!

So there you have it. Our wedding according to the alphabet!  I can't wait until Sunday when we get to celebrate and eat our wedding cake top!  (I will probably not be as happy after tasting it!)


1 comment:

Katie Pedigo said...

Love the wedding posts!