Monday, August 15, 2011

DIY Wreath for the House

This weekend's project:  A new fall wreath for inside.


I made a fall wreath a few years ago that I used to put up inside, but since we moved into our new house, it has been moved to the outside of the front door. 

The now outside door wreath.

Last year I realized I really wanted a fall wreath for the inside of our house, but did not really know what I wanted so I never made one. I was looking through Landee See, Landee Do, a blog I found on Pinterest.com, and found a really pretty ribbon wreath idea that was super easy to do.  Here's how I made it:


Supplies:
1-14" styrofoam wreath
1 roll of wired ribbon
3 flower clips
10-15 straight pins

Step 1

Wrap the ribbon around the styrofoam wreath, securing ribbon with straight pins.  I used a couple at the beginning, a couple at the end and a few more in random places around the wreath (all on the backside).
The wrapped wreath will look like this:


Step 2
Add flower details.  I used the clips on the backs of the flowers and secured them to the wreath under the wraps of ribbon.


All of the supplies combined cost less than $10, so I will definitely be making more of these to correspond with seasons/holidays.


No comments: