Monday, October 10, 2011

Boo Y'all Bunting


I have slowly been adding fall decorations to our house, but other than a Halloweeney print in a 5" x 7" frame, our house was seriously lacking anything ghoulish.  I decided to change that on my Columbus Day Holiday since I had the day off.  I have seen a lot of really cute burlap buntings on Pinterest.com and I really wanted to make one, so I did!

Here's how:
Step 1
I made pattern using some spare cardboard we had laying around the house.  Trace 10 triangles onto some spare burlap (I used less than 1/2 yard for the whole thing), and cut them out. 


Step 2
 Since my burlap had been folded up in  bag, I pressed it really quick with the iron.


Step 3
Take the burlap triangles and paint with black spray paint. Let dry for @ least 20 mins.

 After spray paint.


Step 4
Paint letters and ghosts, candy corn, witches hat, etc., using acrylic paint.


 Step 5
After the paint has dried, attach triangles to a ribbon using a glue gun.

Ready to hang!


Step 6 
Hang on the mantle!  I just tied it to nails that were already on our mantle (leftover from Christmas last year).



BOO Y'ALL!



No comments: