I decided that I wanted to go the breakfast route with the leftover sausage this time and finally decided on a Breakfast Frittata. It was super easy, and quick to make. I liked that there were only 4 eggs in this recipe. Most frittata recipes I've come across have at least 6-8 eggs in them. Plus I was able to add things that we really like to eat to the recipe!
Ingredients:
4 eggs
1/4 cup milk
12 oz ground sausage
1/2 cup chopped onion
3/4 cup chopped mushrooms
garlic salt
4 oz shredded cheese (I used Mexican Cheese blend b/c that's what I had in the fridge)
Directions:
- Turn oven on to Broil.
- Whisk eggs and milk together in a bowl, set aside.
- Brown sausage on medium-high heat in a 12" ovenproof skillet. Transfer sausage to a plate to drain fat. Since I used deer sausage there was not a whole lot of fat to drain (a plus for deer meat).
- Sautee mushrooms and onions with a pinch of garlic salt in the skillet you used for the sausage.
- Turn burner down to medium-low. Combine sausage with mushroom/onion mixture in the skillet. Pour the egg/milk mixture over the sausage, mushrooms, and onions, and stir until mixed.
- Cover skillet and cook on medium-low heat for 10 minutes or until the middle is set.
- Remove lid and top frittata with cheese. Place uncovered, on the top rack of the oven for 1-2 minutes. Keep a close eye on it as the broiler will work VERY quickly!
- Remove from oven and serve immediately!
The dinner earned rave reviews, and was even suggested as a Christmas morning breakfast. We may have to change up some traditions and try something new this year. Maybe. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment