Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Couponing Week of 9/26-9/30


This time of year is really busy for us so we tend to just grab whatever is handy, especially when we are on the go.  I have been trying really hard to cook at least 3 times per week lately.  Because I try to make sure we have things we can grab quickly, it makes couponing a little more difficult, but I am managing. 

Last week I ended up making 3 trips to the store (the second Publix trip was strictly to pick up some items that were on sale, but the sale ended Friday so I had to pick up a few things. 

The proof::

My first Publix haul last week included:

4 bottles Coffee Mate Creamer @ $ .66ea = $2.67 (on sale 3/$5 + 4 x $.50 [dbl] off 1)
2 cans corn @ $ 0.75ea = $1.50
1 can diced tomatoes = $ .89
1 jar Texas Pete Hot Sauce = $1.79 ($ .40 [dbl] off 1, also received FREE bottle TP Buffalo Sauce wp)
1 jar Texas Pete Buffalo Sauce = FREE (Free with purchase of Texas Pete Hot Sauce)
1 container black pepper = $2.49 (hubby’s request, but on sale for $2.49)
1 bag Texas Toast Croutons = $1 (on sale 10/$10)
1 bag Santarita’s corn chips = $2
1 bag Publix hamburger buns = $1.29

I spent $15.53 and saved $12.46 for a total percentage of savings of 45%.  Not bad, but not my best.  I did purchase several items that I absolutely had to have for planned dinners last week.  We used everything, so it was worth it. 


I also had to run by Winn-Dixie the same day to pick up the rest of the items I needed for dinners last week, plus a few extras (sorry, no receipt pic). 

My Winn-Dixie haul included:

~2 lbs ground beef = $4.76 (on sale $2.49/lb)
2 bags Pillsbury Sweet Moments Desserts for $1.40ea = $2.80 (on sale 2/$5 + 2 x $1.10 off 1)
2 bags Kraft Shredded Cheese for $3.75 ea = $7.49 (on sale 2/$7)
3 containers Wholly Guacamole for $ .83ea = $2.50 (2 x $1.50 off 1 and 1 x $2 off 1)
3 bottles Dawn Dish Soap for $.50ea = $1.50 (on sale (10/$10 + 3 x $.25 [dbl] off 1)

I spent $21.48 and saved $19.73, for a total percentage of savings of 48%. Once again not bad, but not my best.  If I didn’t like cheese so much, it would be cheaper =).  And the reason I bought shredded cheese instead of block cheese is because the block cheese was NOT on sale and I refuse to pay over $3 for an 8oz block of cheese!


There were a few deals in this month’s Yellow Advantage Flyer from Publix that I just HAD to take advantage of so I could stock up on some things for the next few months. 

The proof:

My second Publix haul included:

4 Tontino’s Party Pizzas for $.75ea = $3 (on sale 4/$5 + 2 x $1 off 2)
4 boxes frozen Green Giant Veggies for $.75 ea = $3 (BOGO $1.99 + $1 off 4)
2 boxes Sanckwells 100 calorie desserts for $.60ea = $1.20 (BOGO $3.19 + 2 x $1 off 1)
2 boxes Pillsbury Frozen Breakfast Biscuits for $1.19ea = $2.38 (2 x $1 off 1 [sc] + 2 x $1 off 1 [mc])
6 bottles Coffee Mate Creamer for $.67ea = $4 (on sale 3/$5 + 4 x $.50 [dbl] off 1 + 2 x $1 off 1)
1 jar Ragu Pizza Sauce = $.75 (BOGO $1.49)
1 jar Marie’s Caesar Dressing = $2.50 (on sale 2/$5)
1 jar Marie’s Feta Cheese Yogurt Dressing = $1.65 (BOGO $3.19)

I spent $21.60 and saved $31.69, for a total percentage of savings of 59%.  I was quite pleased with my savings on that day.  Yes I am aware that I have purchased 10 bottles of creamer in one week.  I recently discovered that you can freeze it for a few months, so I decided to stock up on the small bottles while I had coupons readily available since I cannot drink coffee without flavored creamer (their Peppermint Mocha flavor is the greatest thing that ever happened to my morning coffee!) 

Although I went to the grocery store 3 times last week, I spent a total of $58.61, but I saved a total of $63.88, for a total percentage of savings of 52% for the week.  Not a bad week in my book!

No comments: