Friday night was football night of course. We had our 1st home game in 2 weeks, and the THS Tigers came away with a very convincing 48-7 win to start out the weekend. This coming weekend is Homecoming, which should be lots of fun!
Saturday we headed to Montgomery for Homecoming at Huntingdon, our Alma Mater. It was the first time we had been to a game this season, so it was the first time we'd seen the new turf field, and it looked awesome! It was sooooo good to get to see our college friends! To top it all off HC won 38-20 over the #11 ranked team in NCAA Division 3 Football!!! I love getting together with this group of people because the guys are like kids in a candy shop while they watch the game, and it gives the girls time to catch up.
The new turf
The alumni greeting the current Hawks during the Hawk Walk.
Celebrating the Victory! GO HAWKS!
Eric & I at the game.
Sunday I went to church. It was our priest's last Sunday at our church, which was a really big deal because he is retiring from the priesthood after 61 years. Yes 61 YEARS. It was quite an event at such a little church, as we had the Arch Bishop of the Mobile Diocese there to do mass (BIG DEAL for Catholics). It was a very nice service, and after the very kind words the Bishop said about Fr. Lynch at the end of mass there was not a dry eye in the house.
I had the day off on Monday for Columbus Day...yay! It was a very productive and relaxing day. Since I cleaned on Sunday I got to play all day, and play I did. I decided to make my Boo Y'all Halloween Bunting, which turned out soooo cute!
I also managed to cook up some yummy things for this week--some Black and White Chicken Chili and some homemade Banana Bread. Basketball tryouts are this week and I am not sure what my schedule will be like, so I wanted to make sure we had SOMETHING to eat this week! Thank goodness it's only a 4 day week because it's gonna be a jam-packed one!

No comments:
Post a Comment